• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Fifth starters are supposed to be replacement level, which is not what you'd be paying for Liriano.

Liriano would be our 3rd starter, I guess. I'd take him if the cost is low enough. FIP/xFIP below 4 after tonight, which is better than Minor or Delgado can say.

Sharp

Because a guy who is in running to be the MVP is scared of Kimbrel, right? Besides, most of the Phillies lineup didn't mind facing Kimbrel last year.
Kimbrel has a .169 wOBA against. Wright has a 171 wRC+, so let's say he's 71% better than average against Kimbrel. That's a .289 wOBA. League average wOBA is .315 so that's a 92 wRC+. He is as threatening against Kimbrel as Jason Giambi, circa 2012, against the league. Kimbrel has basically no reason to worry about facing him.

Kimbrel has a .169 wOBA against. Wright has a 171 wRC+, so let's say he's 71% better than average against Kimbrel. That's a .289 wOBA. League average wOBA is .315 so that's a 92 wRC+. He is as threatening against Kimbrel as Jason Giambi, circa 2012, against the league. Kimbrel has basically no reason to worry about facing him.
I'm not talking about Kimbrel being afraid of Wright, I'm saying Wright isn't quaking in his boots facing him like it's an auto-out as Braves-GAF is implying.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in baseball. Unless you're Mariano, and Wright has touched him up too.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Liriano would be our 3rd starter, I guess. I'd take him if the cost is low enough. FIP/xFIP below 4 after tonight, which is better than Minor or Delgado can say.
With the Twins' complete lack of quality starters in the upper minors and nearly the entire rotation being FAs after this year, I hope that they only trade Liriano if they can get a decent haul for him. Honestly, I think they should speak to his agent and try to work out an extension. He's their lottery ticket.

CygnusXS

I believe this is the part where Kimbrel now gives up a homer to Wright, because of statements made above.

Lucas Duda takes far too many pitches for his own good. You're the tying run and can hit the ball a mile, why are you taking the first two pitches down the middle?

Scott Hairston does not get cheated in an AB, what a battle there. Dale, I know it's Fireworks Night but I'm thinking both teams wanted those corner strikes alot earlier.

Hope you got the hangover out of the way, Mets. Get R.A. some support tomorrow.

CygnusXS

Scott Hairston does not get cheated in an AB, what a battle there. Dale, I know it's Fireworks Night but I'm thinking both teams wanted those corner strikes alot earlier.

Hope you got the hangover out of the way, Mets. Get R.A. some support tomorrow.

Mark Bowman
‏@mlbbowman

Braves drew 11 walks. First time they reached this total in a 9-inn. game since 6/20/10. Dale Scott was behind the plate that day too.

Mark Bowman
‏@mlbbowman

Braves drew 11 walks. First time they reached this total in a 9-inn. game since 6/20/10. Dale Scott was behind the plate that day too.
tumblr_m5sso0koYe1r08q6f.gif

Prade

"The Mets announced they have agreed to sign LHP C.J. Nitkowski to a minor league contract.

Nitkowski’s deal is pending a physical, but he is expected to report to Double-A Binghamton.

Nitkowski, 39, last pitched in the Major Leagues in 2005 with Nationals. That year, he appeared in seven games and allowed three runs in 3 1/3 innings. In ten big league seasons from 1995-2005, Nitkowski went 18-32 with a 5.37 ERA in 336 games and 44 starts.

He was with the Mets in 2001, and allowed no runs in 5 2/3 innings in five relief appearances.

Nitkowski auditioned for the Mets as a sidearm pitcher during Spring Training this past March, but the two sides did not come to terms on an agreement at that time."

THIS BETTER NOT BE THE ONLY MOVE. Oh who am I kidding... The Mets are on their way to another 79 win season. Shit has become so typical over the last 4 years.

Mark Appel is not a true competitor like Correa, Gerrit Cole, Tallion, Tyler Guerreri, and Kevin GasMan. Brah will end up like that former Boras client that was drafted five times, never signed and is working at a local Costco right now. Wouldn't cheer for this entitled broad if he was an Expos 2.0 cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom