• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Now let's see if Mets' pitching allows the other team to score immediately after blowing a golden opportunity of their own.

The Mets announced they have agreed to sign LHP C.J. Nitkowski to a minor league contract.

Nitkowski’s deal is pending a physical, but he is expected to report to Double-A Binghamton.

Nitkowski, 39, last pitched in the Major Leagues in 2005 with Nationals. That year, he appeared in seven games and allowed three runs in 3 1/3 innings. In ten big league seasons from 1995-2005, Nitkowski went 18-32 with a 5.37 ERA in 336 games and 44 starts.

He was with the Mets in 2001, and allowed no runs in 5 2/3 innings in five relief appearances.

Nitkowski auditioned for the Mets as a sidearm pitcher during Spring Training this past March, but the two sides did not come to terms on an agreement at that time.
Now let's see if Mets' pitching allows the other team to score immediately after blowing a golden opportunity of their own.
Each team has done this, but Batista is struggling now. 1st and 2nd 1 out vs. Hinske, got to warm up the pen already...

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Can we just cut our entire bench (sans Ross)?

Edit:

Gwinnett Braves
‏@GwinnettBraves

It's 22-1 Louisville after 8. Terry Tiffee signed today as an infielder for the Braves pitched the 8th

lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
How Batista allowed a hit and four walks in 1.1 innings without any runs scoring is a small miracle.

I'm interested to see how Edgin pitches to righties and navigates around this small zone. I remember in Spring Training he had no problems facing them, Mets haven't had a lefty that could get righties out in a long time.

3-2 fastball down the middle and up to Larry. 6-4 game, probably missed location but why would you throw him a fastball at all?

Throw a silder, if it misses so what? A lefty is on deck!

Good job there, Josh. Way to know the scouting report.

Yeah, this game's over. I'm going out and getting drunk.
DSC_0505%2Bsh%2B3%3DBLOG.jpg

ENJOY THE APPLE TINI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom