• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by 'mid-market?" I think the bay metro has the 6th highest population in America.

Our income is high and so is our spending, but you often don't get the vibe that SF is like New York or Chicago for baseball. Maybe its because the Giants were relocated in the 50's but alot of the history isn't here. It doesn't feel like it should sometimes in SF. IDK that and we get no national recognition very often makes me feel like we aren't one of the biggest markets.

Edit: The fanbase is awesome with 127 consecutive sell outs at home. We just don't get alot of recognition for being good
east coast bias
:)

Gannd

Banned
Who else has a pitchers park then that is empty?

Giants are mid market with a rabid fanbase.

You're a Giants fan and you don't know what pitcher park is empty?

The Giants are a big market team. Let Oakland move to San Jose and you can downgrade the Giants.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So what happened with Travis Snider? Hits a homerun in the 2nd, team scores 6 runs and he gets taken out of the game before his next AB in the same inning.

Gotta be a trade or a callup. Or maybe he just had tickets to the midnight showing for The Dark Knight Rises.

Gannd

Banned
The A's were lucky to get out of that inning without too much damage. They need a couple more runs, a two run lead against the Yankees isn't good enough. Hopefully, they won't leave runners on base with no outs and not score a single run.

Malo

Banned
The A's were lucky to get out of that inning without too much damage. They need a couple more runs, a two run lead against the Yankees isn't good enough. Hopefully, they won't leave runners on base with no outs and not score a single run.
Freddy is still pitching, I'm sure they will score some more runs.

Edit: I stand corrected. Thanks, Phelps!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently MLB agrees since the Cards were eligible for that competitive balance lottery thing. Only their 2011 record managed to keep them (and the Rays) from getting a pick.

EDIT: too slow

You know the rules of St. Louis. We count population by only the city and include the crime of every neighboring county and then some in the crime rate. It truly is the Dark Knight of America.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
You're a Giants fan and you don't know what pitcher park is empty?

The Giants are a big market team. Let Oakland move to San Jose and you can downgrade the Giants.

You can switch with your AAA team. I wouldnt mind having As in Sacramento :p

Gannd

Banned
You can switch with your AAA team. I wouldnt mind having As in Sacramento :p

I actually think moving to Sacramento would be good for the A's. When I lived there, it seemed to be more A's fans in Sacramento than Giants fans. I still think that San Jose would be the best move but the Giants won't allow it.

DiZ_O

Banned
Man Cleveland so pathetic. Not only do we have the worst attendance in the league (19k at 44%), the TV ratings have dropped 24% year-over-year. All that, while the team has been battling it out in the division for 1st place. Amazing.

Man Cleveland so pathetic. Not only do we have the worst attendance in the league (19k at 44%), the TV ratings have dropped 24% year-over-year. All that, while the team has been battling it out in the division for 1st place. Amazing.

well it looks like you guys are finally winning on that Austin Kearns deal at least!

poor old Cleveland has suffered alot throughout. Fans r hurting!

dmag1223

I don't understand. Jacobs field in the 90s was awesome. So many sellouts, and awesome fan support. I know they haven't been great recently, but that tv rating drop is just crazy to me.

jakncoke

Banned
Progressive is a pretty neat place. Cleveland residents are just garbage inbred retards that dont deserve shit. Move all the teams and give them to Montreal or something worse

Meier

The Dodgers problem has been hitting for years now.. particularly at the corners. Yet, the Dodgers want to throw young talent at an older pitcher in the last year of his contract?

Insanity. How is Colletti still employed?

The Dodgers problem has been hitting for years now.. particularly at the corners. And the Dodgers want to throw young talent at an older pitcher in the last year of his contract.

Insanity. How is Colletti still employed?
Is the new ownership already in power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom