• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

He was avg at best with his velocity around 92-93. Without that he wont be successful.

After he had that leg injury in 2010, he had a great 2011 season until midpoint when he lost his speed and control. Maybe his leg strength and endurance is key to his becoming successful again.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
After he had that leg injury in 2010, he had a great 2011 season until midpoint when he lost his speed and control. Maybe his leg strength and endurance is key to his becoming successful again.
I'm sure the Royals are dying to find out.

rando14

I don't think you realize how slow Carlos Pena is. That was probably a long single if he plays it off the wall.

Glad to see them get the run back early. Total luck out of the ass there but a run none the less.

Oh my mistake, thought announcer said Pena was heading to third. Doesn't really matter, got the run anyways haha.

Also Figgins still sucks.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2011 Braves Starters SIERA - 3.76 (4th NL)
2012 Braves Starters SIERA - 4.34 (15th NL)

4.01 = NL Avg.

Sheets 3.79 (2 starts)
Hudson 4.01
Beachy 4.05
Hanson 4.10
Delgado 4.36
Minor 4.37
Jurrjens 5.64

(and Teheran at 3.47 in 4.1 IP)

Sanjuro

2011 Braves Starters SIERA - 3.76 (4th NL)
2012 Braves Starters SIERA - 4.34 (15th NL)

4.01 = NL Avg.

Sheets 3.79 (2 starts)
Hudson 4.01
Beachy 4.05
Hanson 4.10
Delgado 4.36
Minor 4.37
Jurrjens 5.64

(and Teheran at 3.47 in 4.1 IP)

Take my Lester, pls.

Does anyone think that Hanley's big stride/swing are the reason why he's struggling? I don't think he's skilled as A Rod to pull it off constantly for a long period of time.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's true though, if the Braves even had average pitching this year, they'd probably be in first place right now.

harSon

Banned
If only Pedro Alvarez could raise his batting average 30-40 points and not K so much.

He's basically good for a HR every few games and lethargic hits in between. I suppose that's better than last season where he'd hit no HRs on top of having a mediocre batting average.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hey I can't blame you. Rays have been playing like shit for a while. I can't believe the Rays haven't traded some arms for bats yet, these 2-1 games are have been tiresome for like a month now.

Macattk15

Hey I can't blame you. Rays have been playing like shit for a while. I can't believe the Rays haven't traded some arms for bats yet, these 2-1 games are have been tiresome for like a month now.

You haven't heard the rumors about the ultra mega blockbuster trade with the Angels from Jim Bowden?

"JimBowdenESPNxm 12:56pm via Twitter for iPhone

Rumors swirling around Angels stadium of a Richards, Hellweg,Kendrick +package deal for Shields&Zobrist...conversation only at this point"

rando14

Tbh I'm surprised you guys still let Matsui bat, I can't recall him being good or clutch in a very long while.

Macattk15

Tbh I'm surprised you guys still let Matsui bat, I can't recall him being good or clutch in a very long while.

Tbh I don't think Brooks Conrad gives them much of a shot either. Though I also have no idea who was on their bench other than Old Man Matsui.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom