• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubs

Rather have garza, but he'd have cost at least a Teheran.

If we can extend dempster to a manageable extension, i'll be okay w/ this trade.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Rather have garza, but he'd have cost at least a Teheran.
Trout for Grienke seems fair if that is the way the market is going.

(Teheran for Garza would be way too much, just like Delgado for Dempster).

andycapps

I should post in this thread more, but I usually just stick with college football.. I'm cool with this Dempster trade if they can get him locked in for a few years. Giving up Delgado for him is fine with me, as long as we're not giving up a top prospect for only half a season. Got to lock him in for a few years. With Chipper falling off the books next year, maybe they'll have the money.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I should post in this thread more, but I usually just stick with college football.. I'm cool with this Dempster trade if they can get him locked in for a few years. Giving up Delgado for him is fine with me, as long as we're not giving up a top prospect for only half a season. Got to lock him in for a few years. With Chipper falling off the books next year, maybe they'll have the money.
Delgado was a/is a top prospect. I just don't see Dempster's value + the money that would be required to sign him any better than keeping Delgado for 6 years at low cost. Dempster is the better pitcher at the moment, but not by that much and I would put my money on Delgado being the better pitcher going forward.

andycapps

Delgado was a/is a top prospect. I just don't see Dempster's value + the money that would be required to sign him any better than keeping Delgado for 6 years at low cost.

The problem is that Delgado isn't there yet. And they're only a couple games back from the Nationals now (with Strasburg supposedly approaching a mythical cutoff point). They could use a dependable and consistent arm there now. Sheets looks to have been a huge pickup for almost nothing.

So long as Vizcaino and Teheran are still there and we can keep Dempster for a few years then I think this is a reasonable trade.

Dempster just posted on Twitter there is no trade and he's still with the Cubs as of this moment, but ESPN says it's a technicality since they are waiting for MLB to approve the deal because of the finances involved.

andycapps

Dempster just posted on Twitter there is no trade and he's still with the Cubs as of this moment, but ESPN says it's a technicality since they are waiting for MLB to approve the deal because of the finances involved.

Dave O'Brien posted that it's a done deal. If he posted it, I'm pretty sure that it really is a done deal.

RBH

Maybe they're trading Delgado for Yunel Escobar instead.
emot-smug.gif

Braves recall OF Jose Constanza, option RHP Anthony Varvaro.

Delgado traded for Dempster AND Constanza's return? This is Windu's dream day.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that the Dempster-for-Delgado deal is done and all they are waiting on is Dempster to waive his 10-5 no-trade.

Why do The Phillies think they have leverage when it comes Victorino? He doesn't warrant top flight prospects. It looks like The Marlins are definitely going to sell with this ongoing losing streak. I think it's time for Hanley to go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom