• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m7i1whqu491r369q3.gif

stunner20.gif

Actually ... 2nd thought.

This makes me sad.

tumblr_m6grvgherS1r84oon.gif

it's just pointless. If they got something good, even half decent prospects out of it I could understand, but Ichiro at this point won't get you better than the 2 halfass relievers they got. And it's not like he was blocking some up and coming stud from the minors. All this does is put Carp in the OF and keeps Smoak's shitty ass on the team.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
it's just pointless. If they got something good, even half decent prospects out of it I could understand, but Ichiro at this point won't get you better than the 2 halfass relievers they got. And it's not like he was blocking some up and coming stud from the minors. All this does is put Carp in the OF and keeps Smoak's shitty ass on the team.
They got two non-prospects and they're sending cash with Ichiro? Terrible.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Joelsherman1
I have learned that the #Yankees will pay just more than $2M of what is left on Ichiro's salary

Man the Mariners couldn't wait to ship him out of town.

Of course they'll take the ticket proceeds from the upcoming series which will be so god damn insane.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As much as it pains Mariners fans I think Seattle did the right thing by trading him to a contender. Ichiro deserves another go at trying to win a WS.

Macattk15

Ichiro asked to be traded.

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle

In release from the #Mariners, CEO Howard Lincoln says Ichiro came to the team “several weeks ago” asking about a trade.

He is retiring after this season. No doubt.

“Several weeks ago, Ichiro Suzuki, through his long time agent, Tony Attanasio, approached Chuck Armstrong and me to ask that the Mariners consider trading him. Ichiro knows that the club is building for the future, and he felt that what was best for the team was to be traded to another club and give our younger players an opportunity to develop. "

Big-Boss-Salute-660x374.jpg

As much as it pains Mariners fans I think Seattle did the right thing by trading him to a contender. Ichiro deserves another go at trying to win a WS.

I agree, I just wish they would have done it in his prime when it has been clear the M's haven't been contending for shit for the last 5 years. Had they done it then, they could have really given Ichiro the chance to star on the national stage, and they might have gotten something decent in return. Instead they'll get 2 shitty prospects and Ichiro will ride the pine for the Yankees and pinch hit every once in a while in October.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ichiro asked to be traded.

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle

In release from the #Mariners, CEO Howard Lincoln says Ichiro came to the team “several weeks ago” asking about a trade.

He is retiring after this season. No doubt.

How does this make you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom