• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

You don't think his numbers will improve with the deeper Yanks lineup behind him, let alone not having to play in Safeco anymore?

Safeco was like tailor tuned for Ichiros style of play lol. He is a line drive, bloop ball hitter who plays the distance players need to travel to get hits.

h3ro

Yeah, because they don't have compare-able numbers offensively at all.

Don't forget the vast upgrade he is for us in Left. We won't have Gardner's glove out there and we have someone who approximates what Gardy did really well now.

Ichiro just said Nintendo. Dude is straight class.

1. why? isn't it enough with Ibanez and Jones in left?
2. why?
3. he's still godly on defense right?
4. Rangers had Colby Lewis go down, we can take them out now.
5. is Swisher hurt worse than we thought?

Malo

Banned
I think it's fair to say Ichiro's ceiling is a lot higher.
A couple of years ago when he wasn't declining, yes. Now? Not so much.

Don't forget the vast upgrade he is for us in Left. We won't have Gardner's glove out there and we have someone who approximates what Gardy did really well now.

Ichiro just said Nintendo.
Oh I know. Dude is still good defensively and he'll be a giant upgrade over Ibanez in left field.

bluemax

Banned
And thus ends the Mariners career of the best Mariners player of the last decade. The man who helped us get over the pain of A-Rod leaving and provided many of the bright spots in a time of darkness.

I still won't root for the Yankees but I'll always root for Ichiro.

Ichiro in a Yankees uniform is almost as disgusting as seeing Glavine in a Braves uniform.

Really? I mostly think of Tom Glavine as a Brave.

h3ro

Meanwhile, in Queens:

rBQ7F.jpg

Mest acquired Syphilis.

rando14

Holy shit still can't believe the Ichiro news. Even though he was getting old he was a major part of the M's for a long time. :( Good luck in NY!

h3ro

Ichiro is one classy guy. Loved his answer regarding what number he was gonna wear.

Paraphrasing: "Of course, #51 has been very special to me during my career, but I also know what a special number #51 is to the Yankees and their fans because of Bernie Williams. I will pick a new number and make that new number my own."

Shouta

I really hope Ichiro brings his Skylines to NY.

Guy has an amazing collection.

I assume he'll keep his residence over here actually but I could be wrong. I recall him mentioning that he really enjoyed living in Seattle a few times over the years. He has a nice place over in Issaquah, I think and it's a pretty great area and quiet.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I'm sad to see him go from the Mariners but I can understand why he wanted to be traded, both his public reasons and likely private ones, so I hope the best for him over in NY. He really deserves a ring.

BFIB

So odds are Ichiro is retiring after this year then? I wouldn't imagine him making that trade unless he wanted to go to a contender for a ring.

I assume he'll keep his residence over here actually but I could be wrong. I recall him mentioning that he really enjoyed living in Seattle a few times over the years. He has a nice place over in Issaquah, I think and it's a pretty great area and quiet.

I mentioned it in the other thread but I'm sad to see him go from the Mariners but I can understand why he wanted to be traded, both his public reasons and likely private ones, so I hope the best for him over in NY. He really deserves a ring.

Eww.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Yeah the Phils team is so different with them. Even with the bullpen problems they still would have been a playoff team with those guys. Oh well retool for next year and start another 5 year run.

Who can the Philles sign or trade for that will have more production than...?

Harper, Zimmerman, Desmond, Espinosa
Heyward, Freeman
Wright
Stanton

Young talent. I guess the Phillies could sign Bourn away. Who else will be out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom