• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

pgammo
1st draft pick deal:A Sanchez, Infante and comp balance pick for Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, , Brian Flynn and Det. comp pick. Fascinating

Awesome, first trade involving a compensatory balance draft pick!

Yeah, I'm pretty freaking happy about this, although I'm scared Turner is going to go John Smoltz on us. Still, Sanchez is a very nice piece in return so I can't over analyze. Oh yeah, and it looks very unlikely now we'll see Raburn at 2nd anymore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I thought Ichiro would be forever in Seattle.

He may not be the same player he once was, but I'm still hyped to see him in pinstripes.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
keithlaw
Those aren't prospects. RT @Chris57244580 what do you think of the Ichiro trade? Do those prospects have any potential?

BryanHoch
Yanks PR rep was asked if Ichiro will wear No. 51. "Oh, I don't think so." #bernie

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas Rangers right-handed starter Colby Lewis has a torn ligament in his pitching arm and is expected to have surgery and miss the rest of the season, sources told ESPNDallas.com on Monday.

Lewis was placed on the 15-day disabled list by the club prior to Monday's game with the Boston Red Sox and 21-year-old Martin Perez was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock to start in Lewis' place on Tuesday. Lewis was also scheduled to see Rangers team physician Dr. Keith Meister at some point Monday evening.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Quick someone throw up a line up! LOL

1. Jeter
2. Granderson
3. Ichiro
4. Cano
5. Rodriguez
6. Texeira
7. Swisher
8. Ibanez/Jones/Chavez
9. Martin

LOL

Fuck.

Ur already ded?

JackCurryYES
Yankees have acquired Ichiro Suzuki for RHPs DJ Mitchell and Danny Fahrquar. Yanks also get undisclosed cash.

Good God
ICHIRO TRADED!?!?!?!??!?!?!??

THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT.
HOLY FUUUUUUCK!!!!
Wait... WHAT?!
Is the new trade deadline July 23? What the fuck, lol
What the fuck...
Ichiro to the Yanks? Wtf
Jesus Fucking Christ Almighty.

Why Mariners? Why?

just... FACK!

h3ro

Jesus Fucking Christ Almighty.

just... FACK!

ROKHE.gif

Hi Frank. :3

Allard

Hows Ichiros arm/of'ing lately?

Fielding wise he hasn't been nearly as quick nor as bold as he once was, he still got one hell of an arm though. There are certainly worse people to put in the field for fielding and the one thing the Mariners have actually been doing extremely well this season is defense. Too bad we suck at just about everything else.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You don't think his numbers will improve with the deeper Yanks lineup behind him, let alone not having to play in Safeco anymore?

His road numbers the past 2 years have still been terrible.

That said his defense and his speed are still generally there (although neither are the god tier tools they used to be). Even if he puts up his current numbers hes still a nice grab, but theres always the chance he plays better now actually giving a fuck playing for a contending team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom