• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, been busy with stuff the last couple of days and haven't checked much, anything new late... ly......

WibBr.png
WibBr.png
WibBr.png
WibBr.png
WibBr.png
WibBr.png
WibBr.png
WibBr.png

Who can the Philles sign or trade for that will have more production than...?

Harper, Zimmerman, Desmond, Espinosa
Heyward, Freeman
Wright
Stanton

Young talent. I guess the Phillies could sign Bourn away. Who else will be out there?

I have no idea, I havent looked at a list of FAs for next year but they will have an insane amount of money if they dont sign Hamels. Blanton, Polanco, Victorino, Schnider, and Hamels are all FAs. My guess is they make a huge push for Hamilton, whoever the top 3rd baseman is, and some bullpen help along with bringing up Dom Brown and hoping he can do something.

I'm shocked at the way Ichiro was treated the last couple of years, as well as how he was traded for basically nothing. He was the reason to go watch a game at Safeco. Fuck Seattle, and their twat GM, who i hope gets fired. I despise the yanks, but i want Ichiro to win a ring. But making him be 9th in the lineup is a slap in the face, and disrespectful.

Also, what a loss by the Rangers by losing Colby Lewis. I guess there went their chances to make it to the WS 3 years in a row. They might still get the wild card though.

clemenx

Banned
Whoa wtf. Ichiro already has 2 WAR. Yeah, I know UZR can go crazy but still... He's having a fine season if you believe the metrics, which I know most of us here do.

Macattk15

I'm shocked at the way Ichiro was treated the last couple of years, as well as how he was traded for basically nothing. He was the reason to go watch a game at Safeco. Fuck Seattle, and their twat GM, who i hope gets fired. I despise the yanks, but i want Ichiro to win a ring. But making him be 9th in the lineup is a slap in the face, and disrespectful.

Also, what a loss by the Rangers by losing Colby Lewis. I guess there went their chances to make it to the WS 3 years in a row. They might still get the wild card though.

God damn. People that get clouded by a players career instead of their current performance just anger me.

element

Ichiro is a great player, but one of the most selfish players in baseball. He had no interest in being a leader here in Seattle. It took 10 years to even consider moving him in the lineup. His production the last two years has been awful, and keeping him as the leadoff hitter was painful (.288 OBP as a leadoff hitter!!). He refused to play to have an OBP and look for walks.
He is one of the greatest players the last decade, but being inflexible hurt the Mariners.

Also the Mariners got what they could for him. Who really wants a 38 year old leadoff hitter hitting .261 with a .288 OBP, inflexible and full of pride, is a rent-a-player (contract ends this season) and is a 10/5 player so he could veto any trade?
The Mariners hands were tired and they took what they could get.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Not a bad start from Minor, all things considered. Got blooped to 1 run in the 1st, grooved a pitch to Bonifacio, and it's been smooth sailing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom