• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Nice win for the Rays tonight. Hellickson was beast.

Offensive explosion too! 3 runs scored in one game!

jba9RPob492dU9.jpg

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
9.5Gb in July isnt that bad at all, sucks that there are so many teams ahead of the Phils though. They still have a chance but it is a really slim chance. Even if they dont make the playoffs it is still nice to see play so well now that they have their team on the field.

I don't know man, pretty sure a little league team could beat up on the Brewers' bullpen.

harSon

Banned
I'm not sure if I like the trade itself. I was pretty high on Grossman, and Wandy is pretty old and his Ks are on a decline. Hopefully it works out though...

Here's the breakdown of the money:
#Pirates will owe to LHP Wandy Rodriguez: They’ll pay $1.7M this year (of $10 he’s making), $8.5M in 2013 (of $13M). If player option is exercised, Pirates will pay Rodriguez $7.5M in 2014 (of $13M).

I like the fact that we're actually serious about winning this season. I really hope a bat is next.

zulux21

BLEH, I hate it when umps get the call correct, the other manager comes out to complain and then overturn it to a wrong call.

Granted it was a close play that I thought he had caught live, but it was clear in replay he trapped it and that the ump that was closest to the play was correct :/

White sox - twins game.

rando14

Lol safeco field

edit: holy shhheit, kershaw got pounded today

edit2: FUCKING YANKEES GODDAMNIT YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING

can the phillies beat the braves, pirates, cardinals, and dodgers for the wild card? What are the odds in vegas for them making it at this moment? i felt the sudden urge to bet on them

zulux21

well at least the white sox just tied it up... had that call not been overturned it could have possibly been 5-4 lead instead... oh well it's a new game time for the white sox to get a few more and get back into first.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm not sure if I like the trade itself. I was pretty high on Grossman, and Wandy is pretty old and his Ks are on a decline. Hopefully it works out though...

Here's the breakdown of the money:

I like the fact that we're actually serious about winning this season. I really hope a bat is next.
about market value in terms of the money the pirates are paying him.

harSon

Banned
Pence would be a nice pickup for the Pirates. Hopefully we can land him or Upton and keep Cole + Marte or Tallion.

We'd have a pretty awesome lineup next season, with Cole hopefully coming into the rotation.

We also need to replace Barmes. He's a defensive boss, but the dude is a complete dud at the plate. I'm 99% more confident that I could put up equal numbers.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Pence would be a nice pickup for the Pirates. Hopefully we can land him or Upton and keep Cole + Marte or Tallion.

We'd have a pretty awesome lineup next season, with Cole hopefully coming into the rotation.

Upton is apparently off the market, again.

We also need to replace Barmes. He's a defensive boss, but the dude is a complete dud at the plate. I'm 99% more confident that I could put up equal numbers.

LOL, why would the Phils trade Pence when they have him locked up for next year and they will be looking to add players for a possible WS run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom