• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
5) Robbie Grossman, OF, Grade B: If he had fulfilled his commitment to the University of Texas, 2011 would have been his draft year. I know he was repeating High-A, but a player jumping from the college ranks to High-A, hitting .294/.418/.451, then ripping up the Arizona Fall League would be getting an awful lot of praise, not skepticism. I also think that Grossman's tools are better than commonly reported. I expect he'll provide gap power with some speed and a high OBP, and that's valuable.

16) Rudy Owens, LHP, Grade C+: Stock down following difficult season in Triple-A, but still a prospect. Not as good as he looked in 2010, but not as bad as he looked last year. Could rebound and still has a shot at being a fourth starter.
(cain not ranked in top 20) http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/12/24/2659666/pittsburgh-pirates-top-20-prospects-for-2012

eznark

Banned
Grossman, Owens and Hanson would have been a nice haul. I don't know why they even took Cain. The trade looks better just Grossman and Owens. Grossman is a legit prospect and could jump to Houston next year easily.

clemenx

Banned
It's a fine for the Pirates. PNC Park is the total opposite of Minute Maid when it comes to the LF so that should hep him. Also he's more than a rental.

JABEE

Let's make some trades at the dealine. We're coming back. No selling. 9.5 back from 2nd WC in July isn't that far back.

Add a reliever.
Add a 3B/OF.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
no lipka, you get delgado and be happy. (honestly, that is great for two months of a player, only player on the market i would give him up for)

You must be higher than I am on Lipka. I know he's still really young, but I don't think his ceiling is anything near where we originally thought.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
You must be higher than I am on Lipka. I know he's still really young, but I don't think his ceiling is anything near where we originally thought.
i still believe! lol. i just hate giving up on someone that is so athletic, but i wouldn't mind trading him.

9.5Gb in July isnt that bad at all, sucks that there are so many teams ahead of the Phils though. They still have a chance but it is a really slim chance. Even if they dont make the playoffs it is still nice to see play so well now that they have their team on the field.

Are you suggesting that Freddy Garcia gives up only 2?

...Fuck, it's Safeco Field, you may be on the something...

Ah fuck, didnt know Freddy was pitching tonight. He'll probably give up a couple early, but hopefully Seattle will go into No-O mode and he'll be able to cost into the 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom