• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Omg McDonald... are you really going to walk 3 straight fucking people and then give up a 2 run hit?!

He's been absolute shit for three games now...

Yep, it's done now. I only saw the MLB.Com headline and didn't look at Twitter. Wandy Rodriguez is heading to the Pirates. Astros sending money along.

The trade means that Wandy's $14 million option for 2014 now becomes a guaranteed year.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
wonder what they gave up for him, he is signed through 2013 with a 2014 team option.

eznark

Banned
Wow, the trade triggers a $14m option for Rodriguez in 2014. The Pirate will owe him $30m for 2.5 years. Probably still a steal but it's a heck of a move for Pittsburgh. I love it. I'll love it even more when the Astros announce they are sending along $10m and get nothing in return.

Gannd

Banned
I thought Oakland was going to go up north and get knocked around but I'm happy they will be winning tonight. Hopefully the Royals can take one from the Angels.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Pirates are sending AA outfielder Robbie Grossman to the Astros.

From FG preseason ranking:
5. Robbie Grossman, OF
BORN: Sept. 16, 1989
EXPERIENCE: 4 seasons
ACQUIRED: 2008 6th round, Texas HS
2010-11 TOP 10 RANKING: Off

Grossman took a big step forward in 2011 and attracted a lot of attention from the “stat geeks” by walking more than 100 times in high-A ball, which led to an on-base percentage of .418. The Texas native (who like Josh Bell spurned U of Texas for a chance to play pro ball) also hit for average, showed plus gap power and stole 24 bases (although he was caught 10 times). Grossman will need to continue to show more home run pop if he’s going to settle in as an everyday right-fielder but he offers a wide variety of offensive skills so 15-20 home runs should be enough. The prospect has clearly made impressive adjustments as he’s gained experience; his strikeout rates have dipped from 31% in ’09 to 21% to 18%. Grossman also had an impressive Arizona Fall League campaign in which he added another seven home runs in 104 at-bats and impressed in just about every category. In the field he has a solid skill set for right field, where he should be at least an average defender. He’ll move up to double-A in 2012 and is about a year to a year-and-a-half from the Majors.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
And there goes Wandy, the only remaining player from the '05 World Series roster.

Question is, did Luhnow get a good return.

eznark

Banned
^lolololololololololol

fuck the brewers in their fucking piece of shit shit faces. twatty douche bitch bastards need to all die in a fucking fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom