• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad this writer on yahoo is calling Loria nd The marlins out for there firesale. Rightfully revealing that Loria scum bitch conned the citizens of Miami and Florida and killed the Expos. SEC is comin' for ya Loria.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would they trade him, they wont get much back for him, he doesnt make much money, and he has helped the team out lately. Trading him would be stupid.

Because he sucks?

Phillies season is over. They should be looking to dump everything they have. Ty Wigginton is a terrible baseball person and has no future in the Phillies plans. To say hes not available in trade is utterly laughable.

Because he sucks?

Phillies season is over. They should be looking to dump everything they have. Ty Wigginton is a terrible baseball person and has no future in the Phillies plans. To say hes not available in trade is utterly laughable.

With Polanco's back acting up he absolutely has a place on the Phils. The Phils season is also very far from being over. I think the Phils can still get to 88 or 89 wins which might be enough for the 2nd wildcard. There is absolutely no reason to trade players now. What could they even get for Ty, it is stupid to trade guys just for the sake of making trades.

jman2050

With Polanco's back acting up he absolutely has a place on the Phils. The Phils season is also very far from being over. I think the Phils can still get to 88 or 89 wins which might be enough for the 2nd wildcard. There is absolutely no reason to trade players now. What could they even get for Ty, it is stupid to trade guys just for the sake of making trades.

The hell is wrong with you?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i guess anything is possible but uhh....i don't see them going 43-20 (88 wins). That would be a 111 win pace btw over 162 games.

12 vs nationals
12 vs braves
9 vs marlins
7 vs reds
6 vs mets
5 vs brewers
3 vs cardinals
3 vs diamondbacks
3 vs rockies
3 vs astros

If the phillies win 2/3 the rest of the way that would put them at 87 wins. (oh and you have to pass something like 6-7 teams in the process.)

good luck, you're gonna need it.

bluemax

Banned
I'm glad this writer on yahoo is calling Loria nd The marlins out for there firesale. Rightfully revealing that Loria scum bitch conned the citizens of Miami and Florida and killed the Expos. SEC is comin' for ya Loria.

Is it really a fire sale if the trades are good from a baseball stand point?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's a fire sale to me if the primary purpose is to gut the organization to save money.

Seriously whats wrong with this though?

They were obviously not going to make the playoffs this year regardless if their payroll was 100 million or if its 30 million.

Blow it up, get prospects, and develop your young players and then try again.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
a fire sale to me is them selling everything, which is not the case here. They are just getting rid of Hanley who is under-performing and Infante/Sanchez because they are out of contention and want to get useful pieces for players they do not have in their future plans.

Now if they trade Johnson...then i'd call it a firesale or just dumb.

They were obviously not going to make the playoffs this year regardless if their payroll was 100 million or if its 30 million.

Nothing wrong with it. It's just what I define as a 'fire-sale.'

Lol, check out this picture:

Charlie-Sheen-Cincinnati-Reds-shirt.png

Getting a tattoo, smoking a cig, drinking imported Japanese beer. (or, maybe those are trackmarks)

The Mets announced they have recalled C Rob Johnson from Triple-A Buffalo.

To make room on the active roster for Johnson, the Mets optioned C Mike Nickeas to Triple-A Buffalo.

In 42 games for the Mets, Nickeas has hit .168 with two home runs and 13 RBI with eight walks and 24 strikeouts in 101 at-bats.

Johnson played in 11 games for the Mets earlier this season and hit .313 with an RBI in 32 at-bats. He hit .207 with 20 runs scored, seven doubles, one triple, four home runs and 15 RBI in 45 games for the Bisons this season.
daniel-bryan-heel-turn-o.gif

Parch

Nothing wrong with it, but when they've built a competative roster with the intent of winning and to sell a large number of long term season tickets in the new ballpark, then yeah, I can see how some people might feel a little duped and pissed about it.

Gannd

Banned
12 - 0.

The Athletics are having more fun than anyone right now. If they can get a solid SS who has a little bat, they'll be in a very good position. Hopefully, Chris Carter is the new everyday 1B.

12 - 0.

The Athletics are having more fun than anyone right now. If they can get a solid SS who has a little bat, they'll be in a very good position. Hopefully, Chris Carter is the new everyday 1B.

I'm surprised we haven't seen many lifelongs appearing, to be honest. This is a Hell of a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom