• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glutton for punishment, I guess.

Mauer's still awesome. The pitching staff is horrible. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep watching when they inevitably trade Liriano for peanuts. The pitching staff would go from really bad to giant pile of diarrhea after that trade.

Poor you.

I wonder what the Phillies could get for him. If the Phillies got prospects as well as getting the contract off the books, it may not be the worst thing in the world.

Edit: If the Phillies keep winning they may be able to keep some players to at least attempt a run.

Trade no one. Lets see what they can do the rest of the way.

dmag1223

Phillies are "deep" in talks with the Reds about a trade that would send Shane Victorino to the Reds in exchange for Logan Ondrussek. The Phillies would cover some of Victorino's salary.

They are also talking to the Dodgers about a deal with Victorino for Josh Lindblom.

Sure why not. Ondrusek is easily replaceable.

AyrhOW6CUAA4XQ_.jpg:large

Talon

Teh Hanley trade is a gamble, but a nice change from the past ownership group so I'll take it.

Worst case we're overpaying for a spot we greatly need help in. He's hitting more consitant that Grodon and with more power. He has more HR's that Andre as a SS. So the trade will make us better. It's just a lot of money if he only makes us slightly better.
Oh, the grousing to come about his play at third.

Blearth

Banned
Unless a miracle occurs, the Giants will be 2-9 in the third game of a series in which they won the first two games.

I blame Bochy.

Dodgers lineup:

1. Bobby Abreu - LF
2. Mark Ellis - 2B
3. Matt Kemp - CF
4. Andre Ethier - RF
5. Hanley Ramirez - 3B
6. James Loney - 1B
7. Luis Cruz - SS
8. A.J. Ellis - C
9. Aaron Harang - P

Bunch of sources said the Brewers are now open for business after blowing three straight games against the Phillies.

Expected to be traded now are Zack Greinke, Aramis Ramirez, Francisco Rodriguez, George Kottaras. Some people have said they would be also willing to move Corey Hart for the right deal.

bluemax

Banned
Dodgers lineup:

1. Bobby Abreu - LF
2. Mark Ellis - 2B
3. Matt Kemp - CF
4. Andre Ethier - RF
5. Hanley Ramirez - 3B
6. James Loney - 1B
7. Luis Cruz - SS
8. A.J. Ellis - C
9. Aaron Harang - P

AJ Ellis gets no respect. He's third on the team in wOBA and WAR and they bat him 8th.

eznark

Banned
Bunch of sources said the Brewers are now open for business after blowing three straight games against the Phillies.

Expected to be traded now are Zack Greinke, Aramis Ramirez, Francisco Rodriguez, George Kottaras. Some people have said they would be also willing to move Corey Hart for the right deal.

I haven't seen anyone say Ramirez is expected to be traded. Right now his move is dependent on acquiring Olt supposedly.

Talon

Starling Marte called up. Pirates making a run boys!
Starling Castro + Andy Marte = Starling Marte?

Also, I like Corey Hart. I just want to say that. This may be wholly based on one Brewers - Cubs game where Corey Hart was particularly entertaining.

Oh, the grousing to come about his play at third.

Well ... he's not playing at thrid for a while. We'll see what they do when Gordon comes back.

EDIT: just saw that linup on the page. Donnie was on 710 today saying they would use him at SS for the meantime though so ...

He's playing at third tonight, but yeah he'll probably get put onto SS sooner or later.

I just don't see how you can keep playing Gorodon. He's not producing ... at all. He's also not that great defensively.

LIke I said ... Donnie was on 710 today saying they wanted to use him at SS for the meantime. I'm shocked he's playing 3rd tonight.

I just don't see how you can keep playing Gorodon. He's not producing ... at all. He's also not that great defensively.

LIke I said ... Donnie was on 710 today saying they wanted to use him at SS for the meantime. I'm shocked he's playing 3rd tonight.

Cruz has swinging the bat well plus Uribe and Hairston hasn't been playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom