• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Pirates get another 4 game series with the Astros next? Damnit.
and then 3 against the cubs!

10 vs Astros
10 vs Cubs
9 vs Brewers
6 vs Padres
4 vs Diamondbacks
4 vs Mets

6 vs Reds
6 vs Cardinals
4 vs Dodgers
3 vs Braves

that has got to be one of the easiest 2nd half schedules

andycapps

I think Mark Bowman mentioned on the radio a few days ago that the Braves were looking for some relief help before the deadline, but yeah, another bench bat would be nice.

I heard something about that. Hopefully something materializes. Or maybe start using Francisco more in that role. He's been a lot more consistent.

I think Mark Bowman mentioned on the radio a few days ago that the Braves were looking for some relief help before the deadline, but yeah, another bench bat would be nice.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Braves bring in Chipper's hunting buddy, Broxton. Jurrjens-for-Broxton.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Woah lamb what are you still doing watching the twins?
Glutton for punishment, I guess.

Mauer's still awesome. The pitching staff is horrible. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep watching when they inevitably trade Liriano for peanuts. The pitching staff would go from really bad to giant pile of diarrhea after that trade.

zulux21

bleh, Kevin Youkilis out of the game with a sprained ankle hopefully it's only a minor sprain and he will be back sooner rather than later.

Blearth

Banned
Hanley is wearing #13 for the Dodgers. #2 is kind of already retired for some guy named Lasorda...

tumblr_l0zlir9nLT1qbqohco1_400.jpg

20061007-whoops_lasorda.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It's unbelievable that Nick Blackburn is still pitching in the major leagues. It's horrifying that he's still owed like $5.5 million after this season.

Phillies are "deep" in talks with the Reds about a trade that would send Shane Victorino to the Reds in exchange for Logan Ondrussek. The Phillies would cover some of Victorino's salary.

They are also talking to the Dodgers about a deal with Victorino for Josh Lindblom.

JABEE

I wonder what the Phillies could get for him. If the Phillies got prospects as well as getting the contract off the books, it may not be the worst thing in the world.

Edit: If the Phillies keep winning they may be able to keep some players to at least attempt a run.

Teh Hanley trade is a gamble, but a nice change from the past ownership group so I'll take it.

Worst case we're overpaying for a spot we greatly need help in. He's hitting more consitant that Grodon and with more power. He has more HR's that Andre as a SS. So the trade will make us better. It's just a lot of money if he only makes us slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom