• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

lol if carl crawford gets 0 war this year. he'll have earned 0 war over 2 seasons for 34.3 million dollars

if adam dunn's WAR stays as it is now he would be worth -1.8 WAR for 26 mil :p

of course neither is anything compared to Vernon Wells and his -1.1 WAR for 47.2 Mil lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-office/post?id=4652

Minnesota Twins send Francisco Liriano, Jared Burton, Justin Morneau, Josh Willingham and cash to the San Francisco Giants for Brandon Belt, Kyle Crick, Mike Kickham and Heath Hembree

The Giants make a blockbuster move to get back to the World Series but at a serious long-term price. In Liriano, the Giants get another quality starting pitcher to put behind Matt Cain, Madison Bumgarner, Ryan Vogelsong and Tim Lincecum. In Burton, the Giants upgrade the back end of their bullpen to help struggling Santiago Casilla. The Giants also add two middle-of-the-order bats with Willingham in right field and Morneau at first base.

I can't see this happening. Sabean's never done "mega blockbuster" type of trades.

harSon

Banned
Well his Fip is quite horrible compared to last year. 2.18 last year, 4.08 this year.

I'd actually be down to trade him while his value is still pretty high. I'm pretty sure there's a few teams out there who'd overpay for him. I don't think it'd effect it too much, especially now that we'll have KC in the bullpen.

Why why WHY do producers keep insisting on casting Justin Timberlake in movies? He's not horrible by any stretch, but I can't see him in a movie without thinking he's playing Justin Timberlake.

harSon

Banned
Hmm, looks like we'll be trading Correia before the trade deadline. Apparently he's pretty pissed about losing his starting job. Good!

eznark

Banned
The time stealing movie was actually better then I thought it would be.

I thought it looked ok and then the Giant Bomb guys said it was awful. Considering how low their bar is, I decided to pass. I think it's on HBO Go now though so maybe I'll check it out.

harSon

Banned
The time stealing movie was actually better then I thought it would be.

Yeah, I watched it a few days ago and it was decent. I thought it would have been a lot better with someone else in Justin Timberlake's role though. And Niccol could have done a lot better with the concept IMO.

Yeah, I watched it a few days ago and it was decent. I thought it would have been a lot better with someone else in Justin Timberlake's role though. And Niccol could have done a lot better with the concept IMO.

Yeah it was abit hard to believe JT as an ass kicker, but for what it was he did okay. I do think the concept was better then the actual execution.

McNei1y

I just watched In Time last night actually. It was a decent, sci-fi movie. The concept is interesting. I enjoyed it FWIW.

Amanda Seyfried has a rockin body. Olivia Wilde is also in it and shes gorgeous too.

zulux21

I wish the Twins would trade all their good players before the Indians play them tonight.

if it helps there is a decent chance Liriano will be gone before his sunday start against the tribe. but personally I think the pitcher they call up from the AAA club will likely do as well if not better lol

Most of the other "good" players are on long term contracts.

While I am a white sox fan though about 10% of me is rooting for the indians( about 80% against and the rest just doesn't care enough), but that it mostly because I would love to see both wild card spots come out of the AL central... the division that almost no one picked to have even a single WC come out of lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
if it helps there is a decent chance Liriano will be gone before his sunday start against the tribe. but personally I think the pitcher they call up from the AAA club will likely do as well if not better lol
Yeah, that's doubtful. Liriano is an enigma, but when he's on (and other than the clunker in the White Sox' shitty band box on Monday, he's been on for two months) he's excellent. He's easily the best pitcher in the entire Twins organization. I'm going to be sad when they trade him for peanuts.

Hmm, looks like we'll be trading Correia before the trade deadline. Apparently he's pretty pissed about losing his starting job. Good!

If he couldn't pitch shit as a Padre @ Petco, he doesn't belong in MLB. I'm surprised he lasted that long with you guys. We were stoked when he finished his contract with the Padres.

RBH

Looks like the Miguel Batista Revenge Tour will begin in Atlanta. Said this morning he's headed to #Braves. #mets

https://twitter.com/DPLennon/status/228900253544357889
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

From Twitter

“@SportsCenter: Bud Selig says on "The Mike Lupica Show" he will expand instant replay to include trapped balls in the outfield & balls hit down the line.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom