• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage1973

Angels starting rotation of Weaver, Wilson, Greinke, and Haren is just ridiculous.
Dipoto is a brilliant GM.
I was so happy when Tony Regains got removed.

Macattk15

Don't hate.
Maybe one day your team will move to a city that draws more than 20k a game.

He is right.

It's hard to open up your checkbook and sign Pujols and Wilson ... and trade away prospects for others because you know you can replenish them in the free agent market.

rage1973

He is right.

It's hard to open up your checkbook and sign Pujols and Wilson ... and trade away prospects for others because you know you can replenish them in the free agent market.

Angels came from Tony Reagins who traded for Scott Kazmir and Vernon f'en Wells.
Free agent market is still a crapshoot.
Have you seen free agent signings like Crawford, Soriano, and John Lackey?
Pujols signing is going to be costly especially at later years in the contract but it was a needed splash that the Angels had to make.

rage1973

Also this trade is a win win for the Angels because it also keeps Greinke from the Rangers.
Supposedly Rangers said no to Olt for Greinke so Brewers made the trade to the Angels.

Macattk15

Angels came from Tony Reagins who traded for Scott Kazmir and Vernon f'en Wells.
Free agent market is still a crapshoot.
Have you seen free agent signings like Crawford, Soriano, and John Lackey?
Pujols signing is going to be costly especially at later years in the contract but it was a needed splash that the Angels had to make.

Ok but what is "brilliant" about signing the without a doubt 2 best free agents on the market in the offseason?

West Coast Yankees.

Also this trade is a win win for the Angels because it also keeps Greinke from the Rangers.
Supposedly Rangers said no to Olt for Greinke so Brewers made the trade to the Angels.

Probably a good idea on the Rangers part. Olt will be good.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
IfGVI.png

Karakand

a brilliant GM with a huge checkbook must be difficult.

More or less difficult than being a GM still coasting on making stupid scouts look stupid in a book and mimicking conditions in other industries for an unambitious, perpetually declining in value team?

cashman

Banned
Let's be real though, Pujols was a bad signing and Greinke is a bit of an overpay. I'd cool it with the Jerry DiPoto is a brilliant GM talk.

eznark

Banned
Brewers got a good haul, but I don't like the players involved. I seem to be in the minority (but I'm also probably in the minority in that I actually watched Segura play).

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
DiPoto is in the Pokemon Trainer class of GM, like Amaro before him. The "Gotta catch 'em all" approach, if you will.

Goodbye, sweet prince.

GreinkeDugout.gif.opt.gif

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the haul. I look forward to seeing Segura play someday, it seems like forever since we had an offensively productive shortstop.

Hopefully Greinke doesn't get frazzled by the LA media and pressure. Quite the different atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom