• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

Well, interleague play was fun this year. It should be interesting next year with the Astros moving to the AL.

Fucking Orioles man. This offense is so... ugh.

RBH

wonder who youk has been traded to. when he came out of the game he tipped his cap (well took his helmet off, blew a kiss to the fans etc..), everyone was hugging him in the dugout and he got a standing ovation etc..

Yup, seems as though a trade has already been completed.

Got a nice send-off, at least.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for the sweep, KC. It should really help our morale and I have a feeling it's the start of a nice little streak. Happy Flight!

Also, Rays got the first game, so that's good, but we face Lee in the second half of the double header. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's a sleeping giant and might awaken tonight. But I have been wrong before and hope I am now, so two wins in a day will be just swell.

Ruben Tejada is back from the DL and is starting tonight against the Evil Empire. Ramon Ramirez was also called up and Valdespin was sent down. Another roster move is pending. A move could be moving Frank Francisco to DL.

Ruben Tejada is back from the DL and is starting tonight against the Evil Empire. Ramon Ramirez was also called up and Valdespin was sent down. Another roster move is pending. A move could be moving Frank Francisco to DL.
That was surprisingly quick. I thought Valdespin would last until Monday at the earliest. Also I'm stunned Ramirez is back this early only because Mets usually like for the guys they send down to be having success while in Triple-A. Ramirez wasn't lighting it up down there.

White Sox get Kevin Youkilis, Red Sox get Zach Stewart and Brent Lillibridge. Red Sox are paying $6 million of Youk's remaining $8 million.

Prade

So Rottino over Valdespin? Fuck that.

Edit: Here's our line up:

Torres-CF
Tejada-SS
Wright-3B
Hairston-LF
Duda-RF
Turner-1B
Cedeno-2B
Thole-C
Dickey-RHP

2-run double for Brooks Conrad! Hey, EZ...

va8Ru.gif

Ramirez will replace Frank Francisco on the active roster – Francisco was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain, retroactive to June 23.

Ramirez struggled during his rehab assignment in Buffalo. But Robert Carson and Pedro Beato are the only other options on the 40-man roster. While Beato has done well in Buffalo, Terry Collins recently indicated Beato still needs work in the minors. Carson struggled in his two stints with the big league club, and he has never pitched at Triple-A anyway. Any other option would require a change to the 40-man roster (such as Josh Edgin, who has struggled in Buffalo recently).
So Beato is still a ways away. if Ramirez struggles on his comeback Mets are fucked in the bullpen. Remember when Ramirez was supposed to be the guy who could get lefties out (as he had most of his career)? Not this year, they're hitting him at a .362 clip.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Such a good deal for the White Sox. Absolutely no downside for them, he could perform the way he has been the past month and it's still a massive upgrade for them. I get why Boston did it but its still pretty meh.

Prade

So Beato is still a ways away. if Ramirez struggles on his comeback Mets are fucked in the bullpen. Remember when Ramirez was supposed to be the guy who could get lefties out (as he had most of his career)? Not this year, they're hitting him at a .362 clip.

:/. Forget about July 31st. It's been obvious from the get go that this bullpen will be the death to an otherwise magical season(so far). We need to start looking to make a move for another lefty in the pen and perhaps even a Carlos Quentin type immediately after this series. Let's hope our Dickey won't get Yanked too hard.... Sorry...

Braves doctors told Tim Hudson he needs ankle surgery to remove bone spurs from his ankle, but Hudson is going to wait until the offseason to do it.

When is Mejia due back?

Dickey nearly plunks Slappy. Isn't he dreamy?

And gets him looking the next pitch!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
To be honest, I am happy they are just making contact and not swinging through it.

Except for Arod, who is a giant loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom