• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
heh heyward now has a case for the all star game too. 130 wrc+, 7.7 UZR, 2.9 fwar(6th).

The braves outfield has been amazing.

NL issues with: C , SS, 2B (need to see stats for C and 2B)
AL issues with: maybe 2B

EDIT:

NL 2B: Phillips is a better choice, even Aaron Hill.
NL C: Ruiz, Molina, McCann - all better than Posey.
NL SS: How Troy Tulowitzki, Jed Lowrie, or Ian Desmond don't make it over Rafael Furcal is mind-boggling.

You know what? Fuck this whole process. Next year I'm going to start a viral campaign to vote some scrub player into the All-Star game.

Braun/McCutchen/Beltran

Obviously you would have Kemp(injury) in there, but as much Melky has been beasting do you think he deserves to start over these three?

Windu

NL issues with: C , SS, 2B (need to see stats for C and 2B)
AL issues with: maybe 2B

EDIT:

NL 2B: Phillips is a better choice, even Aaron Hill.
NL C: Ruiz, Molina, McCann - all better than Posey.
NL SS: How Troy Tulowitzki, Jed Lowrie, or Ian Desmond don't make it over Rafael Furcal is mind-boggling.

You know what? Fuck this whole process. Next year I'm going to start a viral campaign to vote some scrub player into the All-Star game.
Uggla has been pretty good this year. Right up there with the leaders in hitting at 2B in the NL. Although he does have a positive UZR, and we all know that shit ain't legit.

and McCann better than posey? have you looked at McCann's numbers this season? He might be better going forward but for the first couple months he was awful because of a fucked up swing which it looks like he has finally fixed (and of course hitting everything into the shift).

Uggla has been pretty good this year. Right up there with the leaders in hitting at 2B in the NL. Although he does have a positive UZR, and we all know that shit ain't legit.
UZR? What is that, some kind of military weapon? Look, I know Uggla looks kinds backwoods but I don't think he's trying to overthrow the Federal Gov't here. He ain't mountain militia.
and McCann better than posey? have you looked at McCann's numbers this season? He might be better going forward but for the first couple months he was awful because of a fucked up swing which it looks like he has finally fixed (and of course hitting everything into the shift).
Right now comparing numbers/impact I see McCann as being very comparable in terms of voting to an ASG. The main problem is allowing the polls to open so early in the season.

Windu

hey guys, heyward bats 7th because you got to break up the lineup! looks at lineup...freeman and heyward back to back.

UZR? What is that, some kind of military weapon? Look, I know Uggla looks kinds backwoods but I don't think he's trying to overthrow the Federal Gov't here. He ain't mountain militia.
yeah its a statistic that you might learn once you get past high school mathematics.

and yeah i think the polls opened after a week or something. lol.

Let's take the peripheral stats:

AVG - HR - RBI - R - SB
.239 - 9 -- 32 --- 23 1
.294 - 9 -- 38 --- 29 1

Posey is hitting 60 points higher than McCann, but we already established over the past years voters are dumb and only pay attention to HRs and RBI unless you have a guy hitting .350+. Given the voters' past tendencies, you definitely can make a case for McCann. Looking back over it I probably should've said "EVEN McCann" instead of making it sound like he was a lock.
yeah its a statistic that you might learn once you get past high school mathematics.
Hutareenitwits2.jpg

... you making fun of this guy?

Windu

Dickey will throw a 10 hit CG Shutout and will ask for the 10 hits to be overturned.

How about .270 AVG, 7 HR, 42 RBI, 30 R, 53.7% Caught Stealing rate, 1st in Total Zone Runs?

That's Miguel Montero.
I really like Montero's game, I'm just surprised how often he hits cleanup.

Wait did you say Total Zone Runs? That's short for TZR, which is short for TAZER.

GODDAMNIT MLB POLICE STATE INFRINGING ON MY STATISTIC RIGHTS.

0.jpg

Carlos Ruiz is heads and shoulders above everyone else this year.
Seriously. Just looked at the leaderboards and I'm surprised he's still raking.

Posey is like the 4th/5th best catcher thus far in the NL though, lol. According to FG, he's been a worse baserunner than Yadier so far, has the worse fielding amongst NL catchers that qualify for the batting title and has merely the 3rd best bat in the group (behind Ruiz, Molina, Ellis).

Thankfully, Gibson's putting him in the right place now. Hill, Upton, Kubel, Goldschmidt, Montero make a great 2-6.
If they can get one (maybe two) more #2-#3 pitchers, or another legit ace they win the West IMHO.

Has there been any talk about adjusting the dimensions of that park? Down the line can be pretty short but it's so hot/humid most of the time in that ballpark it's not going to matter much I guess.

rekameohs

Banned
If they can get one (maybe two) more #2-#3 pitchers, or another legit ace they win the West IMHO.

Has there been any talk about adjusting the dimensions of that park? Down the line can be pretty short but it's so hot/humid most of the time in that ballpark it's not going to matter much I guess.

Trevor Bauer could be one!

I think the dimensions are sticking. It'll just be another bangbox. That's why the team keeps going after ground ball pitchers - Webb, Cahill, Miley, etc. Plus, the infield right now has ridiculously good defense with Johnny Mac, Bloomquist, Hill, and Goldschmidt all looking great with the glove.

RBH

Trade talks between the Red Sox and a handful of other teams regarding Kevin Youkilis is ongoing, a major league source indicated Sunday morning, but no deal is imminent.

Five teams -- the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves and a fifth unidentified team -- are evolving.

The Pittsburgh Pirates and Arizona Diamondbacks, a second source revealed, while once involved in talks for the infielder, are no longer part of the mix.

Youkilis is owed slightly more than $6 million for the remainders of the 2012 season, plus a $1 million buyout on an option for 2013. The Red Sox are willing to take back most of the remaining salary obligation to facilitate a better player in return.

A source with knowledge of the talks indicated that the Sox aren't focused on a particular need, or even emphasizing prospects over current major leaguers. Rather, the idea is to get the best return available.
http://www.csnne.com/baseball-bosto...ng-Youkilis-deal-w?blockID=729724&feedID=3352

Trevor Bauer could be one!

I think the dimensions are sticking. It'll just be another bangbox. That's why the team keeps going after ground ball pitchers - Webb, Cahill, Miley, etc. Plus, the infield right now has ridiculously good defense with Johnny Mac, Bloomquist, Hill, and Goldschmidt all looking great with the glove.
If Cahill is as good as Oakland initially hyped him as, and Miley continues his solid pitching (see ya Joe Saunders!), yeah they have the makings of a solid pitching rotation. 2012 might be too early for Bauer, but hey depends on need sometimes.
5 teams are... evolving?
Evolution is a mystery,
Full of change that no one sees,
GMs make a fool of history...
Yesterday's too long ago,
Don't agree with what the scouts know,
Tomorrow becomes the place to be...

I see the line in the sand,
Time to find out, who I am,
Looking back to see where I stand...
Evolution...
Evolution...

Blearth

Banned
Brandon Belt and his .395 OBP are batting 7th today.

Ryan Theriot is sporting a .304 OBP and is hitting 2nd.

Great lineup construction, Boch!

rekameohs

Banned
He doesn't even deserve to be in the lineup, no grit on that kid. Too bad Aubrey Huff or some vet hitting .200 can't replace him.

Man, I used to like Huff a lot when he was with the Devil Rays. That guy just fell apart except for the random surge in the Giants WS year.

rekameohs

Banned
If Cahill is as good as Oakland initially hyped him as, and Miley continues his solid pitching (see ya Joe Saunders!), yeah they have the makings of a solid pitching rotation. 2012 might be too early for Bauer, but hey depends on need sometimes.

Maybe we'll get some RA Dickey magic like you did with one of our vets.

SyNapSe

Sometimes it's tough being a Royals fan
pretty much all of the time

Sanchez is not-pitching today and he gives up 3 runs in the top of the 1st so you know your gonna need runs. Gordon comes up as leadoff hitter and gets to 1st. Ok, let's get a rally going here. BAM instantly thrown out trying to steal on a 1-0 count. I almost threw my remote at the screen

That play made the count 2-0 and Falu ends up walking. Moustakas comes up next and hits a homerun FFS :\ inning end 3-2

Chapman has cost the Reds 4 games in his last 7 appearances.

The baseball gods giveth, and they taketh away. I thought the season-ending collapse would happen next week, but I was off.

McNei1y

:lol

Brendan Crawford is 5th and Desmond isn't even on the list.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hipster manager sends in Chris Archer to pinch run and he tries to steal 2nd base. Would have worked too if the goof didn't overslide the bag :(

Totally stupid baseball but cool none the less.

dmag1223

Chapman has cost the Reds 4 games in his last 7 appearances.

The baseball gods giveth, and they taketh away. I thought the season-ending collapse would happen next week, but I was off.

Why was Chapman even in the game? Leake had what, 90 pitches? Not to mention dusty pinch hitting Harris for Meseraco so he go go up there and bunt. I really don't know what runs through these managers heads sometimes.

Windu

wonder who youk has been traded to. when he came out of the game he tipped his cap (well took his helmet off, blew a kiss to the fans etc..), everyone was hugging him in the dugout and he got a standing ovation etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom