• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

AJ Pierzynski has 21 home runs.

Wat.

He is a beast this year. He is also on pace to set a career high in walks (previous career high 25 currently at 20) and rbis (previous career high 77 currently at 61)

Most likely he is just having a fluke good year while playing for a new contract (the extra motivation of playing well so he can stay in chicago) But there is also a chance that the new hitting coach saw something that AJ could correct and that is the cause for the increase. Either way I am hoping the white sox pick him up for another 2 year contract as while the former number 60 prospect (2010) Tyler Flowers plays a good catcher (calls a rather good game, decent arm, decent defense) he can't hit for crap in the majors @_@ (.194 career average in the majors) Granted he has never really been given his time to shine mostly playing a back up role, but it's not like he lit up the minors either lol.

Enron

Banned
Rangers pitching staff went from being a strength to being a complete disaster in less than a season.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...s-ron-washington-roy-oswalt-go-another-inning

Roy Oswalt's tenure in the Texas Rangers' bullpen now has as many question marks as his place in the starting rotation after he refused to pitch an additional inning Sunday.

The right-hander threw two scoreless innings, but when manager Ron Washington asked him to go out for a third in an eventual 7-6 loss to the Royals, Oswalt declined.

"He said he couldn't go any further," Washington said, according to multiple media reports. "He said he had enough."

Oswalt had thrown 30 pitches in the two innings, though he had made three appearances in a seven-day span.

Washington would not give any more details.

"To get any more, you have to ask (Oswalt)," he said, according to the Dallas Morning News.

After the Rangers acquired right-hander Ryan Dempster from the Cubs, they sent Oswalt to the bullpen. The 34-year-old Oswalt had a 6.49 ERA in six starts with Texas.

"Roy prefers to start," general manager Jon Daniels told multiple media outlets. "We had a call to make and did what we thought was best for the club. As we all know, things can change. Right now, we're happy with how things set up, but we understand his point of view"

What happened last year?

After the tornado is Alabama he left the team for a while and I remember them being upset that he didnt stay in touch with them, and then latter during the season while the Phillies were having a great regular season he kept talking about retiring and saying he didnt know if he wanted to play. He just seemed to have a bad attitude all year.

Just popping into to say hi, I'm an Indians fan who wants to kill myself.

Our front office can play the whole, "We're a small market! We don't have money!" card, but when they decided to pay Grady Sizemore $5 million instead of just cutting his ass loose, I'd say they deserve all of the flack they get. (FYI, Sizemore still hasn't played a goddamn game this season.)

Fuck you, Antonetti. Fuck you, Shapiro. Fuck you, Dolan.

jakncoke

Banned
damn baseball prospectus predicts we'll go 27-28 through out the rest of the season. we'd prob miss out on the playoffs if that happens

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
Yankees-Tigers tonight... If Ichiro gets a hit, will have a 13-game hit streak to start Yankee career, would be longest in team history

and yet somehow his OBP as a Yankee is still under .300 lol

cashman

Banned
Then Melvin should be fired because it is his job to worry about the future.

Melvin is not the guy you want to develop a farm system. He's great for making a big trades to give contending teams the extra edge, but falls apart once the window closes.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hell yeah Longo is back tonight!

Please don't get injured again. I've had enough Will Rhymes / Brooks Conrad / Ryan Roberts for an entire lifetime.

harSon

Banned
Oh, and jakncoke, Burnett would have a 2.42 era if you omitted the 12 runs in 2 innings in his 3rd game with the Pirates.

sangreal

Curtis Granderson CF
Derek Jeter SS
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Raul Ibanez LF
Nick Swisher RF
Eric Chavez 3B
Ichiro Suzuki DH
Russell Martin C

Oh, Joe...

Status