• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither, I'm happy. Because Fiers is so much better than Cueto.

Yep. Hell, best in the division, even. Just a shame that the Brewers couldn't have figured it out earlier, or he would have a lot more wins. Meanshile, Cueto is starting to show the effects of being overworked. It's a quality start, but not really what we've been accustomed to seeing from him this season. The Brewers don't have a stellar lineup, but 3 runs will do it, when the other team has the superior pitcher.

eznark

Banned
Yep. Hell, best in the division, even. Just a shame that the Brewers couldn't have figured it out earlier, or he would have a lot more wins. Meanshile, Cueto is starting to show the effects of being overworked. It's a quality start, but not really what we've been accustomed to seeing from him this season. The Brewers don't have a stellar lineup, but 3 runs will do it, when the other team has the superior pitcher.

I read an article looking at pythag wins given run differential when the Brewers starters are in vs. when the bullpen is in. Based on the run differential with starters in, the Brewers would have been half game out at the time it was written.

Fuck Axford.

HHH-Angry.gif

rando14

Fuck these umps. They already stole a run from the M's, now they're about to gift one to the O's to give them the game.

Sigh. Ah well. Baseball.

McNei1y

At least the Nats bullpen, Clippard especially, is showing signs of wearing down and bottoming out.

Clippard may be but he's not a closer and he never has been. I don't think he can handle the pressure situations. We might as well throw Drew in there now to get used to it again.

harSon

Banned
after having 0 seasons of .500+ baseball, i can accept that.

Could you really stomach another heart breaking boot from the playoffs at the hands of the Braves? I'd fear the following 19 seasons :|

And it'd be nice if our batters could sync up. When McCutchen was cold, and Marte and Snider were discovering their bats, Alvarez and Walker were batting well, and now that McCutchen, Marte and Snider are hitting well, Alvarez and Walker are blowing chunks.... I suppose that's asking for too much though.

I'd be fine with Gaby Sanchez never stepping foot in our rotation again. Garret Jones is hitting well anyways... I can understand wanting to platoon between Sanchez and Jones, but Sanchez sucks and has brought little to the team.

Could you really stomach another heart breaking boot from the playoffs at the hands of the Braves? I'd fear the following 19 seasons :|

I'm imagining Jack Wilson up with 2 outs in the 9th with the Braves down by 1. Dan Uggla on third, Eric Hinske on second. Joel Hanrahan deals and Wilson smacks one through the hole on the left side. Uggla scores easily. Here comes the heavy-footed Hinske lumbering around third getting the green light from Brian Snitker. Starling Marte loads up and fires to the plate. Rod Barajas dives over to tag Hinske, but it's just a hair late. BRAVES WIN. BRAVES WIN. BRAVES WIN. MARTE IS JUST SITTING ON HIS GLOVE IN LEFT FIELD IN DISBELIEF. Pirates don't have another winning season until 2032.

And then the Braves get swept in the Division Series by the Nationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom