• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

And then the Braves get swept in the Division Series by the Nationals.

ixo3kI3D3kkDW.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That Bernadina grab was insane.

Friggin hilarious how the guy at 2nd fist pumped like the Astros just won right after it was hit. Poor guy.

harSon

Banned
I'm imagining Jack Wilson up with 2 outs in the 9th with the Braves down by 1. Dan Uggla on third, Eric Hinske on second. Joel Hanrahan deals and Wilson smacks one through the hole on the left side. Uggla scores easily. Here comes the heavy-footed Hinske lumbering around third getting the green light from Brian Snitker. Starling Marte loads up and fires to the plate. Rod Barajas dives over to tag Hinske, but it's just a hair late. BRAVES WIN. BRAVES WIN. BRAVES WIN. MARTE IS JUST SITTING ON HIS GLOVE IN LEFT FIELD IN DISBELIEF. Pirates don't have another winning season until 2032.

And then the Braves get swept in the Division Series by the Nationals.

I'd personally blow up our park by 2020 if we failed to have another winning season...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm imagining Jack Wilson up with 2 outs in the 9th with the Braves down by 1. Dan Uggla on third, Eric Hinske on second. Joel Hanrahan deals and Wilson smacks one through the hole on the left side. Uggla scores easily. Here comes the heavy-footed Hinske lumbering around third getting the green light from Brian Snitker. Starling Marte loads up and fires to the plate. Rod Barajas dives over to tag Hinske, but it's just a hair late. BRAVES WIN. BRAVES WIN. BRAVES WIN. MARTE IS JUST SITTING ON HIS GLOVE IN LEFT FIELD IN DISBELIEF. Pirates don't have another winning season until 2032.
lol

By the way, Strasburg is at 127.1 innings right now. That puts him only 32.2 innings away from the supposed innings limit. His next start is scheduled to be Friday against the Diamondbacks.

If Strasburg averages 6 innings in his next 5 starts, that'll put him at 157.1 in the first week of September. Averaging 7 innings in his next 4 would put him at 155 IP in the last week of August. This is all assuming Davey doesn't shift people around. They do have three offdays in August: 8/16, 8/23, and 8/27.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just glad to see Longo is back, no more Brooks Conrad yay!

Also is nice that we're playing minor league teams in the Blue Jays, Mariners and Twins before a big series against the Angels. Rack up them freebies!

McNei1y

Strasburg would miss about 4 starts in September. Lannan would most likely take over. Then I guess we'd use a 3-4 man rotation with Zimmerman, Gio, Ejax, and Detwiler. I don't have a problem with it but it sucks to even think about putting down Strasburg.

Chipper Jones bitched about tonight's home plate umpire after the game, pretty much downplaying Hamels' performance tonight:

On six walks vs. none for Hamels this time:

Most of these guys it depends on the umpire. A good umpire that’s pretty tight makes these guys work makes our job a little easier at the plate. You get the umpires that are a little more generous, it makes it a little easier on the pitcher.

On after first time through lineup, seem like it’ll be one of those nights:

You sort of had that feeling. We like our chances as an offense if our pitcher can give us a time through the order to kind of see what the guy’s got and keep us in the game, feel like we’re in the game. After the three-spot in the first, it’s a little demoralizing knowing that you’ve got to figure out some way to get on Cole with a bigger than average zone. It just wasn’t in the cards tonight.

jakncoke

Banned
Could you really stomach another heart breaking boot from the playoffs at the hands of the Braves? I'd fear the following 19 seasons :|

And it'd be nice if our batters could sync up. When McCutchen was cold, and Marte and Snider were discovering their bats, Alvarez and Walker were batting well, and now that McCutchen, Marte and Snider are hitting well, Alvarez and Walker are blowing chunks.... I suppose that's asking for too much though.

I'd be fine with Gaby Sanchez never stepping foot in our rotation again. Garret Jones is hitting well anyways... I can understand wanting to platoon between Sanchez and Jones, but Sanchez sucks and has brought little to the team.

Dunno, the way the team is getting built up if we're not contending yearly then that will be a damn disgrace

harSon

Banned
Anyone want to take my nephew to today's A's game for me?!

Kind of sucks that the only hats I own are Pittsburgh related... don't want to start shit with people with my nephew around lol.

cashman

Banned

Kind of sucks that the only hats I own are Pittsburgh related... don't want to start shit with people with my nephew around lol.

You're going to an A's game aren't you??? I'm confused

By the way, Strasburg is at 127.1 innings right now. That puts him only 32.2 innings away from the supposed innings limit. His next start is scheduled to be Friday against the Diamondbacks.

If Strasburg averages 6 innings in his next 5 starts, that'll put him at 157.1 in the first week of September. Averaging 7 innings in his next 4 would put him at 155 IP in the last week of August. This is all assuming Davey doesn't shift people around. They do have three offdays in August: 8/16, 8/23, and 8/27.

Is the innings limit only for this year?

Why aren't you excited to see Mike Trout in person? The A's are playing good ball, so it's not like the game won't be competitive.

zulux21

I wonder if the indians will find a way to blow it in the 9th again.
edit: they actually didn't fall into a tie with the twins for 3rd lol

Rumors going around that Melky Cabrera turned down a 3-year, $27 million extension offer from the Giants. Looks like he's going to test the FA market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom