• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Was this thread more active when it was in the OT? Can we not petition to return all the sports threads to the OT again?

Not sure, I know it hasnt hurt the nfl thread. its the biggest off season in terms of posts ever. by a far margin really. I think something like 60% better than previous record, nba seems to be doing fine as well.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2012 thread March 27th through this post = 35,036

2011 thread March 26th through August 11th = 33,655 (45,570 total).

dmag1223

Late July/August always feels like a deadzone for baseball anyways. People come back when we have 3 weeks left.

Yeah that makes sense. I mean unless your team is still in the race, Its hard to keep coming back day after day to watch your team lose, especially since football is right around the corner. I think this thread will become more active when the playoffs come around.

Old time MLB GAF was far less active... there were like 20 people who posted, and 6 of them were Mets fans, 6 of them were Yankees fans. Also, the West Coast MLBGAF and East Coast didn't meet. (Lol) Until Jasonbay and Eznark showed up, there were like 2 NL Central fans total. That number has since ballooned to 6. lol

Those were the good old days.

Yeah that makes sense. I mean unless your team is still in the race, Its hard to keep coming back day after day to watch your team lose, especially since football is right around the corner. I think this thread will become more active when the playoffs come around.

Not in NBA Gaf. Fools stay in misery year round.

jman2050

There were plenty of Astros fans when I started posting here regularly in 2005/2006. Most of them are either irregular or gone now though.

Not in NBA Gaf. Fools stay in misery year round.

BestGAF is the superior thread if your goal is to laugh.
NFL thread is kind of a mixture of all the sports GAFs together.
MLB GAF is in my opinion the most knowledgeable sportsgaf. Talking shit isn't tolerated in this thread like others.
NHL GAF is probably the nicest, though.

I dunno.

McNei1y

MLB GAF is in my opinion the most knowledgeable sportsgaf. Talking shit isn't tolerated in this thread like others.

I dunno.

Seems pretty spot on.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

I dunno.
mlb gaf talks shit, but it is usually just friendly jabs etc..

McNei1y

chipperheadshake.gif

YPS3V.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom