• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also really glad to see Hipster manager doing some crazy shit by playing Zobrist at SS two games in a row and it looks to be on a somewhat permanent basis. Keppinger's bat needs to be in the lineup at all times against LHP.

MLB has announced home field advantage for the Wild Card game will be decided by the head-to-head records of the two teams, not who has the best overall record. If the season series is tied, the second tiebreaker will be best record within the team's division.

If the season ended today, the NL Wild Card game would be the Braves vs. Pirates; the AL Wild Card game would be the Orioles vs. Tigers.

The Braves and Pirates split a four-game series in April. They finish the season against each other with a three-game series in Pittsburgh from October 1-3 that could have major implications on the Wild Card game.

The Tigers took two of three from the Orioles in a series in Baltimore immediately following the All-Star Break. The two clubs meet up again for a three-game series in Detroit from August 17-19.

Macattk15

Couple of articles I found regarding his struggles

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2012/8/9/3232442/dustin-ackley-stats-seattle-mariners
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/stor...r-slumps-matt-moore-eric-hosmer-dustin-ackley

Eh, I'm still reserved regarding Ackley. Based on what I saw last year, he definitely has potential. I'm pretty baffled he's done so poorly this year.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011...-of-the-day-dustin-ackley-2b-seattle-mariners

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2009/reports.jsp?content=ackley

There is a large difference between as the other guy said being a "sucky" baseball player and being a good everyday MLB starter. Ackley certainly won't "suck" forever. Sure he won't ever be Chase Utley ... but he isn't going to be trash.

clemenx

Banned
Ahh bummer. Reading headlines, I thought that John Danks had somehow hit a HR on a AL game. Forgot about his brother on the team.

Macattk15

Why the FUCK is Josh Kinney still pitching Eric Wedge?

God DAMN.

edit : LOLOLOLOLOLOL MARINERS. LOLOLOLOLOL ERIC WEDGE. Fuck off right on out of Seattle Wedge.

Fucking Kinney. Nearly walked in the winner by hitting the pinch hitter, then Jaso comes over and says "hey, your slider nearly lost us the game. How about a two-seamer?" And the rest is history.

rando14

I'm bout ready to write Jack Z a letter and tell him to fuck right off.

And end my fanship of this joke of a franchise. 14 years of shit with one good year in there is horrible.

I wouldn't blame you for leaving, it's a frustrating team with frustrating, underachieving players.

Sigh. Fuck it, I'm going bowling tomorrow.

Macattk15

I wouldn't blame you for leaving, it's a frustrating team with frustrating, underachieving players.

Sigh. Fuck it, I'm going bowling tomorrow.

All they fucking do is trade away our good players to give us this mediocre Nintendo Wii shit. Eight people in the fucking line-up tonight have OBPs BARELY at .300 or below.

Look at these fucking OBP's 1-9 tonight ...

.298 / .303 / .311 / .390 (Thank you Jaso for being competent) / .315 / .318 / .302 / .283 / .298

HOW CAN YOU BE SO FUCKING BAD?

Something is fundamentally wrong with your fucking approach to hitting if this is what you field.

Fuck right off Seattle. Follow the Supersonics and move to Oklahoma.

It'll get better once we move in the walls in Safeco and use the extra space created in right-center to add a huge totem pole that lights up when we hit a homer.

Jack Z should be fired simply for not trading Felix for a shitton of prospects. The Mariners aren't going to contend while they have him and they certainly will not be able to afford him when he's a FA.

Macattk15

Jack Z should be fired simply for not trading Felix for a shitton of prospects. The Mariners aren't going to contend while they have him and they certainly will not be able to afford him when he's a FA.

Fuck that. Don't trade Felix. Jack Z would end up trading him for 6 fucking relievers. Fuck Jack Z.

/rant

zulux21

Ahh bummer. Reading headlines, I thought that John Danks had somehow hit a HR on a AL game. Forgot about his brother on the team.

it's not to surprising to forget... despite Jordan being up for like half the season now I don't think the brothers managed to play a single game together because John got hurt right before Jordan came up (I think)

It's been mostly due to Felix pitching poorly and the M's playing like fucking AA players. Bad baserunning and two costly errors.
Damn didn't King Felix pitch a 2 hitter to the Yankees before this outing?

That Salt in here...lol
Just shows how much Gardner is missed

Jangocube

Banned
How u liking Machado so far?
And I see Washington being first to 70 wins happening alot more in the future.

Loving Machado. His swing is beautiful. Only thing I don't like his all the religious mumbo jumbo he does all the time, but oh well, if he can crush a baseball, play better defense then Reynolds, Betemit, or Davis, and he has an ok attitude about the game, I don't really care. Hopefully he stays on fire. We need it.

The Orioles front office has made an astounding number of moves this year, mainly because our young "prospect" pitchers have failed, failed, and failed again. I've questioned some of the moves, but most have proven to be pretty good. I've been pretty shocked by the O's ability to call up crap pitchers and turn them into gold. Hitters have been more hit or miss, but our management has been insanely good all year, given the "talent" they have to work with. Showalter and the gang have made the O's fun to watch again.

Seriously though, watch that swing. Pretty damn sweet looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom