• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I have been on vacation and I have also been away from OTD for a while, so I have not been contributing my looked over opinions and statements. But anywho...

Cardinals seem to be floating well, our bullpen is still rubbish. But the Reds seem to have fallen back to earth and that makes first place seem all the more within reach. Who thinks that there might be 3 NL Central teams in the playoffs this year?

Also, the Rays seem to be getting better, especially with Longoria back. Idealistically we'll make the Wild Card this year, but hopefully a few ministreaks and we can get in first and Yankees take Wild Card.

zulux21

white sox oakland game...
the first 4 hitters have all struck out lol
edit: first 5 struck out now
edit2: lmao... adam dunn is the first batter to not strike out... he walked.. still no balls have been put in play

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Nick Blackburn is probably the worst pitcher in baseball. Holy fucking balls he's bad.

And he's got a guaranteed contract through next year!

My theory is that with the up and down nature of baseball, you can't get comfortable enough to talk shit. I mean, how much can you really gloat if your team beat another team 2 games out of 3?

When teams are tied with 3 to go and going 2 out of 3 matters...It happens every year...

eznark

Banned
Apparently Axford spent last evening searching his name on twitter and attacking high school kids who criticized him. He was then called out by UW basketball players.

I could no possibly hate that filthy fucking Canadian more.

Talon

Apparently Axford spent last evening searching his name on twitter and attacking high school kids who criticized him. He was then called out by UW basketball players.

I could no possibly hate that filthy fucking Canadian more.
This is amazing. I love when athletes flip out and go after fans. Best use of Twitter by far.

harSon

Banned
Ugh, the Pirates have looked terrible lately. I have a bad feeling we're going to regress HARD.

Cinci finally goes on a losing streak and we only manage to win 2 of fucking 6 against Arizona and SD?

harSon

Banned
We're seriously going to get no hitter'd by the fucking Marquis led Padres aren't we?

Edit: At the very least, we're going to lose this game. All of our batters seem like they're desperate to wipe the no hitter off the board, swinging at anything and everything, instead of being patient and having good ABs...

jakncoke

Banned
ffs....

edit; today is just horrible
edit2; where the cliff. im jumping. pitching behind batters now. i cant take this shit

edit3.; headley with bases juiced. sounds fucking epic... /sarcastic fm,l

harSon

Banned
Coming off a horrible loss, we're playing like complete shit with 0 confidence and we still have 17 straight days before our next break.

Recipe for a nasty losing streak :|

Edit: Hurdle walks onto the mound and doesn't yank pitcher, runs for Padres confirmed.

Fintan

Watching baseball for the first time, Atlanta Braves and the Mets. I think I pretty much follow it. Would these be considered good teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom