• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
How do the Pirates always manage to find new ways to sodomize their fans? 18 straight losing seasons wasn't enough, they had to go 7 games over .500 and take the lead of the NL Central in 2011 to get their fan's hopes up before going prostate deep for the kill with a 10 game losing streak. How do you top that? How about going 16 games over .500, take lead of the NL Central and have a NL MVP candidate, only to completely implode when facing such talent as the vaunted Diamondbacks and Padres?

RBH

How do the Pirates always manage to find new ways to sodomize their fans? 18 straight losing seasons wasn't enough, they had to go 7 games over .500 and take the lead of the NL Central in 2011 to get their fan's hopes up before going prostate deep for the kill with a 10 game losing streak. How do you top that? How about going 16 games over .500, take lead of the NL Central and have a NL MVP candidate, only to completely implode when facing such talent as the vaunted Diamondbacks and Padres?

Changing your avatar to Cutch jinxed the Pirates.

Last year it was that 19th inning loss against Atlanta that started their slide. It was a bullshit call, they completely toasted their bullpen...just a demoralizing, bad loss. They don't have any excuses this year. There's still plenty of time left, but fuck, the Padres? Really?

harSon

Banned
Get ready for the patented Barmes double play

Edit: HOLY SHIT! REVERSE JINX?!?!?!?! Barmes goes down 0-2, seemingly striking at everything, and then hits a grand fucking slam?!?!?!?!

harSon

Banned
wah wah Pirates are done.

To be fair, we've gone 15-13 after the all star break, have lost series' to the Brewers, Cubs 2x, and the Padres (as well as splitting with the D-Backs), our best pitcher before the All-Star break has lost 4 straight starts and probably put up ~6-7.?? era in his last 6 starts, our bull pen which used to be top 5 in the league is continuously giving up leads, etc.

And there's that whole 19 season losing streak thing and 2011 season implosion to show what our franchise is capable of.

I think we're deserving of possibly overreacting to be honest.

Link

The Autumn Wind
To be fair, we've gone 15-13 after the all star break, have lost series' to the Brewers, Cubs 2x, and the Padres (as well as splitting with the D-Backs), our best pitcher before the All-Star break has lost 4 straight starts and probably put up ~6-7.?? era in his last 6 starts, our bull pen which used to be top 5 in the league is continuously giving up leads, etc.

And there's that whole 19 season losing streak thing and 2011 season implosion to show what our franchise is capable of.

I think we're deserving of possibly overreacting to be honest.
Check out the Mets and get back to me.

harSon

Banned
Check out the Mets and get back to me.

They've been to the playoffs 3 times, and have had records over .500 a handful of times over the same duration. I literally cannot remember the last time the Pirates were over .500, they were good during 1990-1992 obviously, but I was 2-4 years old at the time.

Sorry if I don't feel pitty for your season implosion, I'm more impressed by franchise implosions over a 2 decade period.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hey look, Goldschmidt didn't run into the umpire. Take notes Bryce.

Edit: And the Nationals gift Arizona a run. This is more like it.

zulux21

Tigers will end up winning The AL Central.

nah they will get the wild card, sox are taking first.

also... I have never seen that before... AJ just scored from first on a ground out to the short... with no errors committed.

he was running before the play and got to second as both the third baseman and short stop went for the ground out.. they bumped into each other no one at third AJ just continued to third... when he got to third he noticed that both the pitcher and the catcher had went down towards first so he just continued on to home lol

if anyone wants to see what I am talking about the video can be found here even if you don't like AJ you have to respect that heads up base running lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
They've been to the playoffs 3 times, and have had records over .500 a handful of times over the same duration. I literally cannot remember the last time the Pirates were over .500, they were good during 1990-1992 obviously, but I was 2-4 years old at the time.

Sorry if I don't feel pitty for your season implosion, I'm more impressed by franchise implosions over a 2 decade period.
Hey, the Mets have been the poster team for season implosions the last six years. Quality over quantity, dammit!

See Reds fans. Sky not falling. The Cubs are still the Cubs. Tic Tac Toe, 3 in a row.

When you lose 3 in a row to a shit AAAA team like the Milwaukee Brewers, there is some cause for concern. But, all is right... for now. Would have been better if the Padres would have held onto that 5 run lead. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom