• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Washington is the in-form team. Funny way to put it, haha.

The Braves have done amazing not to fall way behind these past couple weeks.

Braves still have 6 games to take care of business against the Nats. Three-game series in DC from 8/20-8/22 and three-game series in ATL from 9/14-9/16.

Nats will sweep probably

Opiate

2016 they will have Bryce and King Felix on the team....lol

No more Wells, Hunter(Prob retired by then) So lots of money to spend..

Just would have to eat the Santana contract

Pujols will eat almost the entirety of the savings from Hunter (He'll be making 13M more in 2016 than he is today) and will be 36 instead of 32. Wilson will be 35 and making 10M more than he is today.

Pujols will eat almost the entirety of the savings from Hunter (He'll be making 13M more in 2016 than he is today) and will be 36 instead of 32. Wilson will be 35 and making 10M more than he is today.

2016 might be horrible for the Angels. Thats if how much they gonna pay Trout, Morales, Greinke and Trumbo. They prob end up signing alot of low end players or bringing in prospects to fill the team

cashman

Banned
so what do you guys think about the ending to that Hawaii/Cali little league world series game? Sucks for the kids but rules are rules, no?

If the other team is heads up and catches it, then I don't really have a problem with it. Never liked the LLWS and the shitty baby league rules they have in place.

McNei1y

I was watching the game on my phone when I was away from a TV. I saw Ejax gave up 4 runs in the first 3 innings. I was sort of upset. Then I checked my phone an hour later...

YPS3V.gif

We score runs! This team just keeps delivering.

There's a chance he might not be back. He outright tore his oblique, not just a strain or pull. Typically a strain is at least 6 weeks. Desmond will be lucky to make it back with two weeks left in the season.

Ideally he was supposed to be back last week of August or first week of September. Mark DeRosa had the same injury earlier in the year and missed about 5-6 weeks. Desmond will most likely be back but i'll be barely before the playoffs or later/earlier.

Davey had actually set the lineup for what he wants:

Werth
Harper
Zimmerman
LaRoche
Morse
Desmond
Espinosa
Suzuki
Pitcher

I was watching the game on my phone when I was away from a TV. I saw Ejax gave up 4 runs in the first 3 innings. I was sort of upset. Then I checked my phone an hour later...

YPS3V.gif

We score runs! This team just keeps delivering.

You were given runs thanks to two D'Backs errors in the 5th.

There's a chance he might not be back. He outright tore his oblique, not just a strain or pull. Typically a strain is at least 6 weeks. Desmond will be lucky to make it back with two weeks left in the season.

Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Desmond has been feeling better, and the injured oblique doesn't sting upon contact anymore. Washington is still going to be cautious with Desmond, waiting until he's fully healthy before taking him off the DL, but Johnson could hardly hide his eagerness to get the shortstop back in the lineup. "When that man's ready, I want him back," Johnson said. "Arguably, he's been the most dynamic player this year." Johnson added that Desmond would likely either lead off, or assume the sixth spot in the order, providing the Nats with another run producer behind Michael Morse and Adam LaRoche. Desmond has been making steady progress, as he began fielding ground balls and throwing Monday in Houston. But the recovery time from an oblique injury is relatively unfamiliar, with Johnson likening it to Matt Kemp's comeback from a hamstring injury earlier this year. If he comes back too soon, the Nationals would potentially risk losing him for the rest of the season

Sharp

Why do so many baseball fans think that advanced statistics don't apply to people overachieving on their own team?
Werth
Harper
Zimmerman
LaRoche
Morse
Desmond
Espinosa
Suzuki
Pitcher
Replace Suzuki with Ramos next year (I know he's been out so long that you didn't even remember him when listing key injured players) and I... uh... actually kind of like that lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom