• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

What happened to da Weav? Now he is on track for even less IP this season. No CY for him!

he officially gave up 9 earned runs in 3 innings....
Sale gave up 4 runs over 7 and got the loss
Verlander gave up 3 runs over 6 and got a ND

Felix shot up quite a bit in the Cy standings in the last 48 hours lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Weaver gave up a career high 9 earned runs in 3 innings without getting an out in the 4th. His ERA went from a league best 2.22 to 2.74.

Tampa Bay Inning Summary
- E. Longoria singled to left center
- B. Zobrist walked, E. Longoria to second
- E. Longoria to third, B. Zobrist to second on wild pitch
- J. Keppinger walked
- S. Rodriguez singled to left, E. Longoria scored, B. Zobrist to third, J. Keppinger to second
- R. Roberts singled to shallow right, B. Zobrist scored, J. Keppinger to third, S. Rodriguez to second
- J. Molina singled to shortstop, J. Keppinger and S. Rodriguez scored, R. Roberts to second
- D. Jennings doubled to right center, R. Roberts scored, J. Molina to third
- L. Hawkins relieved J. Weaver
- B.J. Upton singled to left center, J. Molina and D. Jennings scored

lol weaver

Weaver gave up a career high 9 earned runs in 3 innings without getting an out in the 4th. His ERA went from a league best 2.22 to 2.74.

Tampa Bay Inning Summary
- E. Longoria singled to left center
- B. Zobrist walked, E. Longoria to second
- E. Longoria to third, B. Zobrist to second on wild pitch
- J. Keppinger walked
- S. Rodriguez singled to left, E. Longoria scored, B. Zobrist to third, J. Keppinger to second
- R. Roberts singled to shallow right, B. Zobrist scored, J. Keppinger to third, S. Rodriguez to second
- J. Molina singled to shortstop, J. Keppinger and S. Rodriguez scored, R. Roberts to second
- D. Jennings doubled to right center, R. Roberts scored, J. Molina to third
- L. Hawkins relieved J. Weaver
- B.J. Upton singled to left center, J. Molina and D. Jennings scored

lol weaver
David Price for Cy Young.

carlos

Juan Francisco's numbers have been sickeningly good since the team told him to get his ass in shape.

I feel surprisingly positive with him at 3rd next year...he's promised to shed some pounds in the winter league.

If he follows through and keeps working with Walker on his swing, he just might fulfill his potential.

zulux21

David Price for Cy Young.

Obviously Nick Blackburn should be Cy Young.
He has been nasty all year long... I mean he is currently worth 4.15 runs per game (a 7.3 ERA).... Name one other player who have played at least 19 games that is worth 4.15 runs

joking aside though, do the twins really not have a single pitcher in their minors that could use some MLB experience? I mean I have to figure a promising single A prospect could manage a 7.3 ERA lol

With another poor performance tonight, Johan Santana became the first starting pitcher in Mets history to give up at least 6 earned runs in 5 straight starts.

Santana is the first pitcher to do this since Mike Hampton did it in 5 straight starts for the Rockies in 2001-2002.

Ouch.

bigosc2k

Banned
Well there goes Matt Cain's chance of getting a perfect game after going 10 up and 10 down he hit a batter oh well Giants still leading 9-0

rekameohs

Banned
That had to be the most boring, least suspenseful 3-1 game I've ever seen. You just never really fear that the Astros can come back. Plus, 3.5 hours, good god.

To be fair, McDonald was one of the most dominant pitchers in the league before going on a massive shit streak.
I'm not basing it on just one game though.

The Cards outscore the Reds and Nats by 0.53 and 0.39 runs/game, respectively. All 3 teams score 3 runs or fewer at the same rate (~42%). Which wouldn't be as much of a problem if our pitching was as good as theirs.

Now let's look at the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams in the NL. The Rockies and Braves score less than 4 runs in 39% and 37% of their games, respectively.

The bulk of our 1 run losses are because the offense shat the bed, not because of our erratic bullpen.

Mariners 19-11 since the ASB.

M's were forecast as a .500 team before the season. REGRESSION TO THE MEAN, BABY!

From the MLB wrap:
"Morneau's hit ended a string of 42 straight outs by Seattle pitchers dating back to the ninth inning Tuesday against Tampa Bay, the longest run in the Majors since 1974."

I meant for the Dodgers (League and Wright). :( Combined to blow it. League has been unbelievably awful.

Weaver just TANKED my fantasy team for the week.. I'm fucked, lol.

Bellisario lost this game. He's been hit and miss last couple of weeks. Even though League hasn't been good, gotta give him a shot at the set up. Not having Elbert is costing us...

lol @ the dodgers bringing in a RHP to face Francisco.

Like I said in above post. We only have one lefty out of the pen right now....Elbert is hurt. We need him

Fenix

Yeah, I'm awful, I've only gone once or twice ever. I stood behind my friend's dad once, who played some minor league ball, while he took some 85 mph pitches and I was just in awe.
When I was in Florida in June, I went to Zuleta's Indoor Batting Cages for "fun". Most pro batting cages I've ever seen. They do 10$ for 10 minutes of pitching in the cage, and in that time the machine throws 94 pitches. After about 60 pitches I couldn't grip the bad with my left hand and could only use it to to lead the bat through my swing. After I took off my batting gloves I saw that I'd opened up 6 blisters on my left hand, the biggest one at the base of my index finger, about the size of my thumb nail.

I can't imagine the calluses on pro's hands.

Only been twice. One a few minutes away from Coney Island and the other right at the boardwalk in Coney. Dat was a good one, they got rid of it though.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, hitting is some hardcore shit. I once set up one of those machines to 90mph to see what it's like and I didn't even bother swinging, lol.

I like going to batting cages once in a while. But never above 70mph if I actually want to hit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom