• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blearth

Banned
I'm starting to really despise this Bumgarner guy.

tumblr_lr2mzd0poW1qanpsr.gif

I wish it would have just ended on a walk-off homer. Two infield singles and an error is just insulting. Nats are the luckiest damn team ever.

Sharp

I wish it would have just ended on a walk-off homer. Two infield singles and an error is just insulting. Nats are the luckiest damn team ever.
You're not going to credit the Nats at all for holding the Braves scoreless for eight innings? They waited for the Braves to make a mistake and it paid off. Fortunately your infield defense isn't anywhere close to your outfield's.

You're not going to credit the Nats at all for holding the Braves scoreless for eight innings? They waited for the Braves to make a mistake and it paid off. Fortunately your infield defense isn't anywhere close to your outfield's.

No. I'm not. The Nats blew just as many chances as the Braves did and outright blew a 4-1 lead with the MLB ERA leader pitching. They won due to a no-man's-land infield single, a bullshit check-swing chopper, and Dan Uggla being a meathead.

alstein

No. I'm not. The Nats blew just as many chances as the Braves did and outright blew a 4-1 lead with the MLB ERA leader pitching. They won due to a no-man's-land infield single, a bullshit check-swing chopper, and Dan Uggla being a meathead.

Wouldn't mind Uggla being fed to an ex-cornfed meathead right now.

Seriously, I'd rather see Pastornicky playing 2nd- most of his defensive issues are with his arm, and he's been doing great as a PH.

Sharp

Obviously any thirteen-inning game is pretty much a crapshoot, but as you said the Nats had lots of chances to win outright that they squandered. I don't think one team was necessarily much more lucky than the other, the Nats were just lucky last.

harSon

Banned
Man Cutch, you've been hot fucking trash this month. Big part of the reason why we have such a horrific risp percentage lately. Need to seriously get your head on straight, pronto.

And Barajas should honestly never start another game, EVER. If Barmes is trash at hitting, then what does that make Barajas?

Man, fuck the Padres. Why do you only play us hard you shit stains?

Edit: Our offense is fucked. We keep playing Snider despite him being injured, and he's playing like shit. Marte is on DL for 15 days. McCutchen and Alvarez are both playing like shit. And we have Barajas and Barmes who are a guaranteed out, maybe a double play every time they're at the plate. We're basically riding the backs of Neil Walker and Garrett Jones right now, with a few hits sprinkled in from some other bums.

At least Jose Tabata looked good tonight... And McPherson looked like a quality arm. Justin Wilson looked shaky :/

McNei1y

What a lucky/unlucky way for the Nats to win! 30 games above .500 though... I didn't expect this, this year. I thought we'd be struggling for the WC.

Also, I felt bad since someone interviewing Davey asked "Do you think Uggla should get 8 errors for the amount of times he bobbled the ball?"

Anyway, the game would've lasted for another 8 innings if that didn't happen.

Standings update:

-- Yankees lead over Rays in AL East decreased to 4.0 games
-- White Sox lead over Tigers in AL Central increased to 2.0 games
-- Rangers lead over Athletics in AL West increased to 6.0 games
-- Rays lead over Orioles in AL Wild Card increased to 2.0 games
-- Orioles lead over Athletics in AL Wild Card remained at 0.5 game
-- Orioles lead over Tigers in AL Wild Card decreased to 2.0 games
-- Orioles lead over Angels in AL Wild Card decreased to 4.0 games

-- Nationals lead over Braves in NL East increased to 6.0 games
-- Reds lead over Pirates in NL Central remained at 6.5 games
-- Giants took over Dodgers in NL West by 0.5 game
-- Giants lead over Diamondbacks in NL West increased to 5.0 games
-- Braves lead over Pirates in NL Wild Card remained at 3.0 games
-- Pirates lead over Dodgers in NL Wild Card remained at 0.5 game
-- Pirates lead over Cardinals in NL Wild Card decreased to 1.5 games
-- Pirates lead over Diamondbacks in NL Wild Card remained at 5.0 games

Sharp

Nor sure if old, but Giolito is probably getting TJ surgery. Not a surprise in any way but I figured it's worth mentioning.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...-melky-cabrera-dominican-republic-report-says

Investigators from Major League Baseball, hot on the trail for a product Melky Cabrera led them to believe caused him to inadvertently fail a drug test, traveled to the Dominican Republic, acquired a jar of it and sent the substance to the World Anti-Doping Agency's testing labs in Utah before discovering weeks later it was only part of an elaborate cover-up, the New York Daily News has reported.

In preparation for an arbitration hearing the Players' Association had sought on behalf of Cabrera, MLB officials told the union it wanted to test the substance, which Cabrera claimed was featured in a website advertisement he had come across, the Daily News reported, citing an unnamed source familiar with the case.

"The union said you can go to this website and buy it. There's a phone number on the site," the source said, according to a story posted online Monday night. "They called the phone number and they went to a town in the Dominican Republic and bought it from a guy."
Please read the whole article, because how this fucker doesn't get fined/suspended more games is amazing.

We keep playing Snider despite him being injured, and he's playing like shit.

It's not injury -- you're just seeing his true talent level. He's capable of having small stretches that leave you thinking he's insanely talented, but those are just aberrations.

On the upside (at least from the Pirates' perspective), at least you don't have to watch Brad Lincoln. He seems to have left his talent behind in the NL.

EDIT: Apparently, the Pirates could've had Victorino instead.

harSon

Banned
It's not injury -- you're just seeing his true talent level. He's capable of having small stretches that leave you thinking he's insanely talented, but those are just aberrations.

On the upside (at least from the Pirates' perspective), at least you don't have to watch Brad Lincoln. He seems to have left his talent behind in the NL.

EDIT: Apparently, the Pirates could've had Victorino instead.

Snider was hitting for over .300 with us until he injured his hamstring. His recent struggles at the plate literally coincide with his hamstring injury.

And considering how Brad Lincoln was playing for the Pirates at the time, I don't blame them for not trading him for Victorino, who would have only been a half season rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom