• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
It wasn't raining that hard for Maholm. Right around the beginning of the third inning it start absolutely pouring. I'm surprised they let the game continue for two batters (or did you forget about those?). In any case, ten strikeouts, one walk, two homers. That's about as DIPS-y as you get.
yeah it wasnt raining that hard till the delay. I didnt leave my seat till they called it.

Windu

You were at the game too? Seems like there could have been some sort of MLB-GAF meetup there.
i am in town for some family stuff so i wouldnt have had time. Going home tommorow, was at monday's and today's game though. Sections 107 and 238.

harSon

Banned
McCutchen, about fucking time you got a hit. You've been 100% unadulterated shit this month.

Can't believe we're going to lose two straight series to the fucking Padres. We can't even gain ground when facing shit teams :/

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Dodgers finding ways to not lose
A04PEMwCMAAtL0V.jpg

Macattk15

Will?
Seattle been on a roll for a while now...

Also Dodgers need to get back on the road...Under .500 since the ASB. WTF Sanches didn't learn from Posey last year? Surprise he left that play unscaved

Yeah since the ASB basically they've been on a roll.

I hope this shows some light at the end of the tunnel for next year. Ackley needs to do something in the offseason. Smoak needs to fuck off.

harSon

Banned
Ugh, why is Qualls and DCutch still on the roster.... Why Hurdle, why? What's so difficult about not sucking? Fuck you, and fuck Qualls. Fuck DCutch. Fuck McAnti-Clutchen's cold streak. Fuck baseball. Fuck life.

PEACE.

Ugh, why is Qualls and DCutch still on the roster.... Why Hurdle, why? What's so difficult about not sucking? Fuck you, and fuck Qualls. Fuck DCutch. Fuck McAnti-Clutchen's cold streak. Fuck baseball. Fuck life.

PEACE.

You could save the meltdown until you're out of Wild Card #2, you know. The Pirates are still 0.5 up on the Dodgers, although the Cardinals closed in to 0.5 games as well.

harSon

Banned
You could save the meltdown until you're out of Wild Card #2, you know. The Pirates are still 0.5 up on the Dodgers, although the Cardinals closed in to 0.5 games as well.

I don't care about other team's records, and our lead in relation to them, I care about how our team is playing. We're losing consistently and to shit teams, which doesn't exactly bode well for our chances at nabbing a Wild Card spot.

STANDINGS UPDATE AT THE END OF PLAY FOR AUGUST 21:

-- Yankees lead over the Rays in the AL East remains at 4.0 games
-- Yankees lead over the Orioles in the AL East decreased to 5.0 games

-- White Sox lead over the Tigers in the AL Central remained at 2.0 games

-- Rangers lead over the Athletics in the AL West decreased to 5.0 games

-- Rays lead over the Orioles in the AL Wild Card #1 decreased to 1.0 game

-- Orioles lead over the Athletics in the AL Wild Card #2 remained at 0.5 game
-- Orioles lead over the Tigers in the AL Wild Card #2 remained at 1.5 games
-- Orioles lead over the Angels in the AL Wild Card #2 remained at 4.0 games

-- Nationals lead over the Braves in the NL East increased to 7.0 games

-- Reds lead over the Pirates in the NL Central increased to 7.5 games

-- Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West increased to 1.5 games

-- Braves lead over the Pirates in the NL Wild Card #1 remained at 3.0 games

-- Pirates lead over the Dodgers in the NL Wild Card #2 remained at 0.5 game
-- Pirates lead over the Cardinals in the NL Wild Card #2 decreased to 0.5 game
-- Pirates lead over the Diamondbacks in the NL Wild Card #2 remained at 5.0 games

Games left for all:

Yankees - 39, White Sox - 40, Rangers - 40, Rays - 39, Orioles - 39, Athletics - 40, Tigers - 40, Angels - 39

Nationals - 39, Reds - 38, Giants - 39, Braves - 39, Pirates - 39, Dodgers - 38, Cardinals - 40, Diamondbacks - 39

-- Pirates lead over the Diamondbacks in the NL Wild Card #2 remained at 5.0 games

Games left for all:

Yankees - 39, White Sox - 40, Rangers - 40, Rays - 39, Orioles - 39, Athletics - 40, Tigers - 40, Angels - 39

Nationals - 39, Reds - 38, Giants - 39, Braves - 39, Pirates - 39, Dodgers - 38, Cardinals - 40, Diamondbacks - 39

Dang more games at home than on the road. Not a good sign. But we do have a East Coast trip to Strausless Nationals..

eznark

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU RANDY WOLF GO DIE SOMEPLACE ELSE YOU FUCKING WET TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sharp

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU RANDY WOLF GO DIE SOMEPLACE ELSE YOU FUCKING WET TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Weirdest news ever.

If McCutchen ever gets back on track, he's a lock to win MVP, because we're seeing just how ineffective our offense is without his bat to literally carry the offense.
Am I the only one who wants to see a political-style cartoon of this?

harSon

Banned
If McCutchen ever gets back on track, he's a lock to win MVP, because we're seeing just how ineffective our offense is without his bat to literally carry the offense.

eznark

Banned
Weirdest news ever.

I assume he passed through waivers, no one wanted him, so they released him. They're going to call up Thornburg and Peralta and go with a six man rotation anyway so there wasn't room for him. They had talked about keeping him and doing a 7 man rotation but nixed that idea.

Windu

my brother in law met mcutchen in a elevator once, said he was a ass. Wouldn't talk to him when he was telling him how good the pirates were doing etc.. He said barajas was a cool dude though.

Sanjuro

Games left for all:

Where are the Red Sox updates? John Henry told me we're still playing for the postseason.

eznark

Banned
Guys are getting caught cheating by the program.

Why the fuck do people want to change the program again? Because it actually works?

Exactly. The system is working perfectly. Cheaters are getting caught and the appeals process is exonerating the innocent. Can't beat it.

Was there any doubt in anyone's mind Colon had to be taking something to be good again?

Colon is gone for the final 40 games for the A's this season. Barring any playoff games the A's play, he's gone for the first 10 games of 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom