• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Fire Fredi Gonzalez. Pulllllllleeeeassssseee
sigh

Kris Medlen has now set a Braves franchise record with the team winning 16 consecutive games he started. He tops the run of the Braves going 15-0 in 15 straight John Smoltz starts in 1996.

Meohsix

So was this the first time Jeter ever homered in each game of a series?

twQu7.png

guess that answers that. unless he did it in some lame ass 2 game series.

zulux21

and the white sox sweep the yankees in chicago for the first time since 1991.
Woot go sox.. keep it going and hand seattle their first loss in a while on Friday

Woot go sox.. keep it going and hand seattle their first loss in a while on Friday

LOL so much for that Yankees fan laughing when you said the Sox would sweep before the series even started.

zulux21

LOL so much for that Yankees fan laughing when you said the Sox would sweep before the series even started.
To be fair I said I was hoping for a sweep, not that they would sweep, but yeah I do recall him laughing at me like it could never happen.

I have to hope that Seattle happens to cool off just as my white sox come into town now though, as a 2 game lead isn't nearly enough given how many games the white sox have left with the tigers and the fact that the tigers seem to have our number starting in the second half each year (they kicked the white sox arse last year in the second half and swept right after the all star break this year)

trs1080

Neo Member

Thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh Yankees lose!

Good times. Makes that shit that went down in KC easier to swallow.

Swept. :(

Sucks, but hopefully we get the shitty baseball out of the way by September. The AL East is too close to spit the bit here. Yankees need CC back in good health...

I'll be honest: I'm not used to things go so well... I'm not sure how to handle this. It's like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen... and it did... and the Reds are still here.

Seeing how many Reds are being stranded on base... bringing in a bat like Votto, who if I'm not mistaken, had the highest BA with RiSP in baseball by a large margin, could make a huge huge huge impact.

Reds had won 6 in a row before he went down. It's all about dat pitching. Even Mike Bleake is having a good season.

zulux21

Chris Sale has a good slider.

that he does, if he stays healthy he could be something the white sox have lacked for years... a true ace. Nothing against Mark Buehrle he was very good for many years, but the white sox have lacked that pitcher like verlander or CC where the other teams are not happy to see that pitcher at all.

Thus hopefully he can keep it up next season as well to at least give the white sox a stopper.

RBH

Seattle slowly climbing up in the wild card race (7 GB).

Probably too late for them at this point, but a nice run lately regardless.

Seattle slowly climbing up in the wild card race (7 GB).

Probably too late for them at this point, but a nice run lately regardless.

There's still over 5 weeks left. Plenty of time for them to shock the world. Jack Z should try to make a shocking pick-up before the waiver deadline.

Well, the 2012 Cards ARE the most frustrating Cards team since the 2010 version so no arguments there.

You know, I've realized this year that run differential doesn't lie. Teams that looked out with a high run differential almost always come back, where teams with good records and bad run differentials falter. I think the Pirates and Cardinals are good examples of this. Just waiting for Detroit and Baltimore to fall off.

Also, I remember when Lohse played for the Reds. He always looked sharp, but seemed to fall apart late in the game. Well, I didn't know about his disgusting condition that kept his arm from swelling. It makes sense, but f'n gross.

I'll be honest: I'm not used to things go so well... I'm not sure how to handle this. It's like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen... and it did... and the Reds are still here.

Seeing how many Reds are being stranded on base... bringing in a bat like Votto, who if I'm not mistaken, had the highest BA with RiSP in baseball by a large margin, could make a huge huge huge impact.

Reds had won 6 in a row before he went down. It's all about dat pitching. Even Mike Bleake is having a good season.

slapping-a-kid.gif

Stop being pessimistic.

Also, I remember when Lohse played for the Reds. He always looked sharp, but seemed to fall apart late in the game. Well, I didn't know about his disgusting condition that kept his arm from swelling. It makes sense, but f'n gross.
That injury was unfortunate since he's been very good when healthy for us. Out of all the reclamation projects Dave Duncan took on, Lohse has benefited the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom