• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the NCAA. Baseball isn't going to shit all over its record books with asterisks, standing adjustments, retroactive division champions or whatever ridiculous scenarios that would come from that. All that's needed is to tweak the individual punishment to the point where players won't juice. One year > Three Year > Lifetime sounds good enough, even though the second strike is basically a life sentence.
Agree with your punishment. 50 games not even half a season.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't the NCAA. Baseball isn't going to shit all over its record books with asterisks, standing adjustments, retroactive division champions or whatever ridiculous scenarios that would come from that. All that's needed is to tweak the individual punishment to the point where players won't juice. One year > Three Year > Lifetime sounds good enough, even though the second strike is basically a life sentence.

Depends on the league, but yeah, even getting sent to a permanent AAA status for 3 years would be enough to make most forget about a player.

zulux21

No no no ... keep hitting him. Push Felix into the Cy!

Also WTF at Encarnacion this year? Someone test him.
I'll root with you for today, I have no issues with Verlander being lit up the rest of the year, it would make me happy. But alas I think I have to hope that Felix gets lits up a few starts as well and that Chris Sale remains solid :p

rando14

I'll root with you for today, I have no issues with Verlander being lit up the rest of the year, it would make me happy. But alas I think I have to hope that Felix gets lits up a few starts as well and that Chris Sale remains solid :p

Sale is having a great season, but he's still behind Price, Verlander, Felix, and (I still think) Weaver regarding Cy possibilities. Sale doesn't even have a shutout.

Fenix

Sale is having a great season, but he's still behind Price, Verlander, Felix, and (I still think) Weaver regarding Cy possibilities. Sale doesn't even have a shutout.
Brandon Morrow is 2nd in the majors in shutouts and has not pitched since June 11th. Jeeze.

zulux21

I know, which is why the only way Sale has a shot is if those guys fall apart in sept and he doesn't, which isn't likely. I highly doubt he will win the cy young this year, especially since at this point unless he is pitching a no hitter or only has 90 or less pitches though 8 will he pitch the 9th. But he is a great looking young pitcher who is only 23, so as long as he stays healthy there is always the next few years.

that all being said though, being a white sox fan I can't help but hope he pitches amazing for the next month and the others fall behind him :p

rando14

Brandon Morrow is 2nd in the majors in shutouts and has not pitched since June 11th. Jeeze.

Yeah that's rough, he was pitching well, seemed to have better control. Although I guess 77 ip is too small of a sample size.

I know, which is why the only way Sale has a shot is if those guys fall apart in sept and he doesn't, which isn't likely. I highly doubt he will win the cy young this year, especially since at this point unless he is pitching a no hitter or only has 90 or less pitches though 8 will he pitch the 9th. But he is a great looking young pitcher who is only 23, so as long as he stays healthy there is always the next few years.

that all being said though, being a white sox fan I can't help but hope he pitches amazing for the next month and the others fall behind him :p

Yeah he definitely has potential. Impressive xfip and siera, low walk percent, and he's still young.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol

VHxQo.png

oh look at you people crawling out of whatever hole you've all been hiding . as if the Yankees can't hit in other ballparks.

Sorry for a late reply, but I'm sure you can figure out from my username that I'm a Sox fan, and my registration date certainly isn't 2012. I'm sure you can find even older accounts by googling my handle.

I wasn't aware posting in the NeoGAF MLB thread was a requirement for being a "real" fan of your team. My bad.

zulux21

nice dive by jackson... if that had gotten past him it would have been at least 1 run, i say at least as depending on the bounce it could have easily been an inside the park homerun lol

Yankees have placed Ivan Nova on the DL with rotator cuff inflammation.

Mariners are 19-9 since trading Ichiro. Yankees are 15-14 since acquiring him.

Supposedely Sandy called Francesa an idiot under his breath yesterday lol

Man, Sandy comes off as a such a clueless, worthless idiot in interviews. I can't get the impression at all that he knows anything about baseball, or has any intention of improving the Mets ever. He sounds like an accountant who hasn't watched a game in his life.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sometimes I get the impression weekend_warrior is secretly a Mets fan posing as a Yankees fan, considering how much attention and concern he gives the Mets.

LJ11

Sometimes I get the impression weekend_warrior is secretly a Mets fan posing as a Yankees fan, considering how much attention and concern he gives the Mets.

lol

find it funny that he of all people is calling someone clueless and worthless.

Parch

I took a break from baseball for the olympics and come back to see a triple-A Blue Jay team getting beat up. Injuries test the team depth and the Jays failed that test.

ATL vs. SF lineups. Heyward out. Posey still out.

ATL 8/23 Lineups
1. Michael Bourn - CF
2. Reed Johnson - RF
3. Michael Prado - LF
4. Chipper Jones - 3B
5. Freddie Freeman - 1B
6. Dan Uggla - 2B
7. Brian McCann - C
8. Paul Janish - SS
9. Tommy Hanson - P

SF 8/23 Lineups
1. Angel Pagan - CF