• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the poster formally known as cuevasS said:
kRzhY.png

Must be hard to win without a wind tunnel in right for your 7 lefties to hit popups into.

Sweep. Feels good.

Smh at the fan though. Show some class. You're not a Cubs fan.

Also, to whoever said something about Sale's slider, hitters have been saying it's the best left-handed slider in the league apparently.

Puddles

Banned
Angel Pagan is going to be the new Shane Victorino for Dodgers fans now that Victorino actually plays for us.

I hate the guy already.

At least the Giants got all the winning out of their system before ATL came to town. Can't beat a four-game series without having to face Matt Cain. A shame Melky's gone because he was definitely going to get some retribution.

Must be hard to win without a wind tunnel in right for your 7 lefties to hit popups into.

Sweep. Feels good.

Smh at the fan though. Show some class. You're not a Cubs fan.

Also, to whoever said something about Sale's slider, hitters have been saying it's the best left-handed slider in the league apparently.

oh look at you people crawling out of whatever hole you've all been hiding . as if the Yankees can't hit in other ballparks.

My friend was talking about how he has to listen to people talk about Honey Boo Boo at work. I had to look it up... her Mom looks like the Body of Krang. I've seen that gif of her dancing this skanky dance in the audience like 100 times on GAF, I wish I could find it. I'm going to look it up here in a second... but her looks just SCREAM Southern US.

I hope Pujols does not miss significant playtime. Hes been excellent since breaking out of his terrible early season slump.

I was watching the game they said the calf was tight. He's getting near .300 for the season...

Dodgers need to get the last spot so they can play on the road more often.. Ala LA Kings

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR AUGUST 22

-- Yankees lead over the Rays in the AL East decreased to 3.0 games
-- Yankees lead over the Orioles in the AL East remained at 5.0 games

-- White Sox lead over the Tigers in the AL Central remained at 2.0 games

-- Rangers lead over the Athletics in the AL West remained at 5.0 games

-- Rays lead over Athletics in AL Wild Card #1 remained at 1.5 games
-- Athletics took over Orioles in AL Wild Card #2 by 0.5 game
-- Athletics lead over Tigers in AL Wild Card #2 remained at 1.0 game
-- Athletics lead over Angels in AL Wild Card #2 remained 3.5 games

-- Nationals lead over Braves in NL East decreased to 6.0 games

-- Reds lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central remained at 8.0 games

-- Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West increased to 2.5 games

-- Braves lead over the Cardinals in NL Wild Card #1 remained at 3.5 games
-- Cardinals took over Pirates in NL Wild Card #2 by 0.5 game
-- Cardinals lead over Dodgers in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 1.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over the Diamondbacks in NL Wild Card #2 decreased to 4.0 games

Remaining games:
Yankees - 38 (20 away, 18 home, 4 off-days)
White Sox - 39 (19 away, 20 home, 3 off-days)
Rangers - 39 (19 away, 20 home, 3 off-days)
Rays - 38 (19 away, 20 home, 4 off-days)
Athletics - 39 (25 away, 14 home, 3 off-days)
Orioles - 38 (18 away, 19 home, 4 off-days)
Tigers - 39 (19 away, 20 home, 3 off-days)
Angels - 38 (19 away, 19 home, 4 off-days)

Nationals - 38 (17 away, 21 home, 4 off-days)
Reds - 37 (19 away, 18 home, 5 off-days)
Giants - 38 (18 away, 20 home, 4 off-days)
Braves - 38 (22 away, 16 home, 4 off-days)
Cardinals - 39 (23 away, 16 home, 3 off-days)
Pirates - 38 (17 away, 21 home, 4 off-days)
Dodgers - 37 (17 away, 20 home, 5 off-days)
Diamondbacks - 37 (17 away, 20 home, 5 off-days)

So not only is he not playing great defense at second, but he's hitting below what's expected from marginal infielder? SMH

And the Braves owe him $39 million the next three seasons.

The only upside to Uggla this year is that he leads the NL in walks. He's not swinging at garbage like he did last season. He's just not getting anything on good pitches at all. But at the same time, even when he slumped last year, he was still hitting bombs.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine how nice it would be if the Rays take the AL East, then the Yankees get Wild Card #1 and the Mariners get Wild Card #2. Then the Mariners win and it would be magical.

ToxicAdam

Honestly, if you are someone like Colon, why wouldn't you use steroids? You're not HOF, you have no connections to the franchise and you could earn millions more (gauranteed) dollars if you get away with it.

50 games almost seems too light. It almost makes sense to punish the franchise a bit and make them accountable for steroid abuse also. Maybe even forcing them into doing testing. Of course, that would have to be bargained for in the next CBA.

But what would determine what wins they take away?

I dont want to take away stats from the non-cheaters, but you could say a team gets a 10 loss penalty if a guy gets busted for PEDs. Just add 10 to their loss column without actually taking away wins. That would be a huge deterrent and it would make teams think twice before signing a guy with a questionable past.

I dont want to take away stats from the non-cheaters, but you could say a team gets a 10 loss penalty if a guy gets busted for PEDs. Just add 10 to their loss column without actually taking away wins. That would be a huge deterrent and it would make teams think twice before signing a guy with a questionable past.

This isn't the NCAA. Baseball isn't going to shit all over its record books with asterisks, standing adjustments, retroactive division champions or whatever ridiculous scenarios that would come from that. All that's needed is to tweak the individual punishment to the point where players won't juice. One year > Three Year > Lifetime sounds good enough, even though the second strike is basically a life sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom