• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
You'll have to wait until next season for that. Howard will be back to 100% a year removed from his ruptured Achilles tendon. The Phillies will be back to knocking the Braves out of the playoffs in an embarrassing fashion in no time.
that 1-2 wins that Howard provides will lead the Phillies to the world series!

Enron

Banned
And thus begins the Braves' tailspin.

I'm calling it now. 10 games behind the Nats, and will get no closer. Also, no playoffs. You heard it here first.

Sharp

I forgot there are so many Braves fans here. Who is the most represented team on Gaf?

Probably the Yankees
Yup, see the first page. I think Braves/Mets fans are usually the best represented when you weight for post count though.

Also: there seem to be a lot more Nats fans than there were at the beginning of the season!

The Sox are obviously pretty much done (another really disappointing game today... there's absolutely no way they should have lost this game!), but hey, at least the Sea Dogs (my local team, and the Sox AA team) are hot... too bad that they'd gotten down to 17 games under .500 at the All-Star Break, so despite a 9-1 last 10 games (and a 15-4 August) they're still 2 games under .500 and 3 1/2 out of a playoff spot... there are only 12 more games, so they'll need to continue to be this good to have a chance of making the postseason.

Yup, see the first page. I think Braves/Mets fans are usually the best represented when you weight for post count though.

Also: there seem to be a lot more Nats fans than there were at the beginning of the season!

Ya I was looking over that its just outdated. I wonder why there are more Nats fans!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Bahaha, just saw this on SA.

gFcB4.png

This battle of overbloated budget failures is hilarious.

I find this interesting, do you think in the future more teams will be willing to spend less with the success of smaller teams? Or is it just a silly pipedream?

Sharp

Ya I was looking over that its just outdated. I wonder why there are more Nats fans!
I know, isn't it weird?
It doesn't matter anyway. I don't hate the Braves that much right now. I would rather see the Braves win than the Washington Nationals at this point.
You'd rather see an opposing franchise in your division that has won a World Series win than one that hasn't? Hater.

rekameohs

Banned
You'd rather see an opposing franchise in your division that has won a World Series win than one that hasn't? Hater.

I can understand. A fan of the National League East wouldn't want those nasty Nats to win. That franchise is in like every damn year. Now the Braves, they deserve a pity playoff berth. You know what, throw in a "few" consecutive ones.

McCann has a chance to atone for his shitty ass August if he hits a game-tying bomb here.

EDIT: nvm, just stand there and watch, you fat fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom