• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLard's at-bat killed that entire inning. Why yes, just watch strike 2 and strike 3 down the middle. Gotta get to the fucking post-game spread as quick as possible.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
And Aubrey Huff, for some reason.

zM79N.png

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR AUGUST 23

**Astros are now mathematically eliminated from winning the NL Central; can only tie**

-- Yankees lead over the Rays in the AL East decreased to 2.5 games
-- Yankees lead over the Orioles in the AL East remained at 5.0 games

-- White Sox lead over the Tigers in the AL Central decreased to 1.5 games

-- Rangers lead over the Athletics in the AL West increased to 6.0 games

-- Rays lead over Athletics/Orioles/Tigers in AL Wild Card #1 increased to 2.5 games
-- Athletics, Orioles, and Tigers are now tied for AL Wild Card #2
-- Athletics/Orioles/Tigers lead over Angels in AL Wild Card #2 decreased to 2.5 games

-- Nationals lead over Braves in NL East increased to 6.5 games

-- Reds lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central decreased to 7.0 games

-- Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West increased to 3.0 games

-- Braves lead over the Cardinals in NL Wild Card #1 decreased to 2.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over Pirates in NL Wild Card #2 increased to by 1.0 game
-- Cardinals lead over Dodgers in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 1.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over the Diamondbacks in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 4.5 games

Remaining games:
Yankees - 38 (20 away, 18 home, 3 off-days / 15 vs. +.500)
White Sox - 39 (19 away, 20 home, 2 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Rangers - 38 (19 away, 19 home, 3 off-days / 19 vs. +.500)
Rays - 37 (19 away, 18 home, 4 off-days / 24 vs. +.500)
Athletics - 38 (24 away, 14 home, 3 off-days / 25 vs. +.500)
Orioles - 38 (18 away, 19 home, 3 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)
Tigers - 38 (19 away, 19 home, 3 off-days / 16 vs. +.500)
Angels - 37 (18 away, 19 home, 4 off-days / 22 vs. +.500)

Nationals - 38 (17 away, 21 home, 3 off-days / 13 vs. +.500)
Reds - 36 (18 away, 18 home, 5 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Giants - 37 (18 away, 19 home, 4 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Braves - 37 (21 away, 16 home, 4 off-days / 9 vs. +.500)
Cardinals - 38 (23 away, 15 home, 3 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)
Pirates - 38 (17 away, 21 home, 3 off-days / 12 vs. +.500)
Dodgers - 37 (17 away, 20 home, 4 off-days / 22 vs. +.500)
Diamondbacks - 37 (17 away, 20 home, 4 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)

MC Safety

Well, the Mets had a nice run.

I can dream of a future filled with some talented rookies and no Jason Bay and Mike "Little Pelf" Pelfrey.

Added games remaining vs. +.500 teams to the list. Braves have easiest schedule the rest of the way by a laughable margin of all the contending teams. Only 9 games left all season against winning teams and 3 of those are the Pirates, who are nosediving fast.

Sharp

Man, this upcoming 10 game stretch will be a rough ride. 3@CIN, 3@PIT, 4@WAS

Going 5-5 here seems optimistic.
Take comfort, you're in a virtual tie with the Nats for the run differential World Series

(This race is going to be way more exciting than any actual ones down the stretch)

Since 100 runs were scored yesterday, Papa Johns pizza will be 50% off for the weekend if you enter the promo code MLB100 in papajohns.com. Might be using this tonite lol

It's one of the cheaper pizza spots where I live. :/

We have a Little Caesar's here. It's the cheapest AND the best. Although I think that one particular spot has really good people that run it. There's another Little Caesar's in town and it's fucking garbage. Like a complete alternate universe to the other food quality.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Every time the Rays get 10 strikeouts we get a free Papa John's Pizza. Even then, no one wants to go to a furniture store to get a coupon for a small pizza.

Fenix

We have a Little Caesar's here. It's the cheapest AND the best. Although I think that one particular spot has really good people that run it. There's another Little Caesar's in town and it's fucking garbage. Like a complete alternate universe to the other food quality.
What?!

Little Caesars is usually shit so your lucky you have a decent one. Cardboard pizza.

Mccann sounds like a 12 year old girl. Also, bask in the glory that was the glorious moustache of Bill Hohn.

After this incident, Hohn was banned from officiating Braves games for the rest of the season. There was an earlier incident that season in Boston when he ran O'Flaherty, Chipper, and Bobby for arguing the strike zone. O'Flaherty threw one right down the middle that for some reason was not called strike 3 that would have ended the inning. Sox then hit a go-head hit and everyone went bananas. I've never seen Chipper more ready to kill an umpire in my life. Terry Pendleton had to almost tackle him to get him away from Hohn.

I'll also never forget the next season when Hohn ejected Roy Oswalt for being mad at himself over a pitch, thinking Oswalt was mad about his call. :lol

EDIT: This video is here: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090621&content_id=5454364. Look at that 0-2 pitch to J.D. Drew. Right down the middle called ball 1. lol

Dodgers have been awarded the claim on Adrian Gonzalez on trade waivers.

Dodgers and Red Sox have 48 hours to work out a trade. Or, the Red Sox could just choose to assign his entire contract to the Dodgers for nothing. Gonzalez still has 6 seasons and $127 million remaining on his deal.

Wouldn't be shocked if the Red Sox just let them have him. Adrian was Theo's signing and I think they want to do all they can to get away from that era.

newjeruse

It's such a meaningless administrative move, it's not even worth speculating. The Red Sox aren't going to just let him go or even trade him. Every player they have will be put on waivers. Some will be claimed, some won't.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's such a meaningless administrative move, it's not even worth speculating. The Red Sox aren't going to just let him go or even trade him. Every player they have will be put on waivers. Some will be claimed, some won't.

You really don't think the Red Sox would considering slashing off nearly $130 million off the payroll?

If the Dodgers are willing to pick up the entire tab and include some guys as PTBNLs how could they not consider it?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I know, I know. But seriously, if you ate a pizza at this Little Caesar's you'd understand. And trust me, the Little Caesar's down the road is complete, utter garbage compared to this one. It's almost like two different places.
Don't worry, I'm with you. The Little Caesar's around the corner from my place is better than average. It's a great place to pick up a pie after a long day of work.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Apparently AMD processors now fall under "free giveaway" items for ballpark promotions?

http://production.broadcastnewsroom...e-AMD-Fast-Pitch-PC-Zone-at-ATT-Park--2160833

AMD Fast Pitch PC Zone, presented by AMD and the San Francisco Giants. This special event package includes:

• Reserved seating in the "AMD Fast Pitch" section;
  • A free AMD A8-3870K Accelerated Processing Unit along with promotional offers provided by Newegg.com;
  • Live and interactive overviews led by industry experts on how to build your own PC for home theater, high end gaming, mainstream and other uses;
  • Access to the "AMD APU Experience Zone" showcasing the latest applications that take advantage of the APU's high-end compute and graphics capabilities;
  • A chance to meet Industry experts, including Anand Lal Shimpi, founder of AnandTech.com and Patrick Moorhead, president of Moor Insights & Strategy.

newjeruse

You really don't think the Red Sox would considering slashing off nearly $130 million off the payroll?

If the Dodgers are willing to pick up the entire tab and include some guys as PTBNLs how could they not consider it?
Why? Gonzalez's deal is good compared to other first basemen. Gonzalez isn't the problem with the Red Sox.

The fact that Twitter exploded over this indicates how truly ignorant people are about procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom