• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I guess this means no Hamilton in LA...

I have a ton of "Sox" fans who keep telling me what a good fit / like his personality in regards to Boston. Then they go and bitch about bad deals we currently have.

Sense. It makes none. Hamilton would make for a great home town discount deal to stay in Texas. If he tries to go overboard, I would want no part of that.

Isn't Crawford on the DL, about to get TJ surgery? Or has that not happened yet?

Oh, I can think of one team that needs a LH DH bat which is not Adam Lind.

I could see Ortiz fitting in really well on the Jays. He and Bautista are supposedly really good friends, plus they've got a whole bunch of Latin players. If they could get him now, pre-free agency, without giving up any picks (though the way things are going, it'd be a protected pick)...fingers crossed.

Red Sox would get five players from the Dodgers. They are currently unknown.

Both team's medical staffs are going over records.

Red Sox are waiting for Beckett and Crawford to waive their no-trade clauses.

Rubby de la Rosa was not put on waivers, so he would be the Player To Be Named Later in the deal to be announced after the season. The fact he was just optioned to AAA shows you how close this thing is.

Why would the Dodgers risk eating all of these terrible, terrible contracts? Is there something I'm not seeing here?

On the surface this seems like a dream come true.

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/239121284523495426

Dodgers prospects that may be in the deal
Webster, Lee, DeLaRosa, Sands

Lol giving up your 3 best prospects AND taking on two terrible contracts? They can't be that stupid. Not to mention adding Crawful blocks their only 2 decent hitting prospects (pederson and puig) for the next 5 years. I know the Dodgers have money now but they are operating using some shitty 90s MLB logic that values expensive big names over cheap prospects.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Lol giving up your 3 best prospects AND taking on two terrible contracts? They can't be that stupid. Not to mention adding Crawful blocks their only 2 decent hitting prospects (pederson and puig) for the next 5 years. I know the Dodgers have money now but they are operating using some shitty 90s MLB logic that values expensive big names over cheap prospects.
Ned Coletti

Getting Gonzo I understand. The dude can still rake and is probably just in a funk. Being back in SoCal will probably work wonders for him. I dont get why the dodgers need or want Becket and especially Crawford though. They are blowing up their farm for them? Guess the Sox wouldn't have traded Adrian by himself.

James Loney and Rubby de la Rosa are confirmed to be in the deal. de la Rosa would be identified only as a Player To Be Named Later until the season ends since he didn't pass waivers.

clemenx

Banned
If the Doyers pull this off they're going to fail more spectacularly than what the Cubs and Mets are this season in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom