• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Phil Cuzzi is the worst, you can dot the same spot twice and it's a toss up if calls it the same the second time.

Blearth

Banned
Phil Cuzzi is the worst, you can dot the same spot twice and it's a toss up if calls it the same the second time.
You owe him one.

ishikawa-blanco-420t.jpg

bluemax

Banned
I love that AJ Ellis is hitting 8th with a .417 OBP

Mattingly makes Bochy look like a fucking genius.

Mattingly is so fucking moronic. Bat Dee Gordon and his sub .250 OBP lead off because he's fast.

Bat AJ Ellis and his .400+ OBP before the pitcher.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Derrick Goold ‏@dgoold
If Brewers moan about Chapman's gymnastics I'm going Beast Mode then untuck my shirt, fall down like a bowling pin, and do a snow angel.

rofl.

You mean he's starting to live up to that contract?!?!?!

His numbers still blow for what he costs.
The Angels are overpaying either way but there's a difference between completely falling off a cliff in year 1 of a 10 year contract and doing so in year 4 or 5. We'll see next year if his slow starts are a trend or just a matter of circumstance. Assuming he can keep it up this year to make his end of the season numbers respectable.

I wouldn't call it a tear. His career numbers are better than that.
His career OPS is higher. If the best stretch he has this season is slightly lower than his career numbers, he's fucked.
His prime is clearly behind him but reports of his demise have certainly been exaggerated. Again, it all depends if w/e was depressing his numbers is behind him and if this is his true current talent level. Aside from this season and last, he's always been a really consistent player. Jury is still out on whether the inconsistency is age related or not.

Macattk15

I read an article on USS Mariner today that basically said Justin Smoak is the worst 1B of the last 50 years. Kind of funny.

I'd agree with that. He is pretty shitty. His swing is much too long and loopy for the lack of power it generates.

Ackley going through the sophomore slump is saddening too.

They need to trade Felix and reap those rewards while they can.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'd agree with that. He is pretty shitty. His swing is much too long and loopy for the lack of power it generates.

Ackley going through the sophomore slump is saddening too.

They need to trade Felix and reap those rewards while they can.

I still believe in Ackley. He's young.

He just needs to strike out less and hit more fly balls.

Macattk15

I still believe in Ackley. He's young.

He just needs to strike out less and hit more fly balls.

No doubt Ackley will be a good hitter.

I'm done drinking the Smoak Koolaid though. Sure we got him for half a season of Cliff Lee .... but we could of gotten Montero and still had Pineda (not that he matters this season) and Pineda, Walker, Hultzen, Paxton, anyone would of been awesome in 2015.

ToxicAdam

I turned on that Tribe game just in time to see that blown call. I had the sound off, so I couldn't tell what was going on. When it cut to commercial I jumped out of my seat and started screaming WTF? It was funny.

sangreal

What the heck at that Yankees/Indians call, did someone in the stands actually sneak an extra ball into his glove?

I think the umpire never bothered to check if he had the ball

edit:
“Normally when a guy makes a play like that, that’s the first thing they’re saying. He’s showing the ball,” Wise said. “But I guess he was confident I made the catch. Like I said, it was a tough angle for him. But truthfully, the ball popped out. … Stuff like that happens. They’re not perfect. He said out right away, so what was I supposed to do? Run back to left field? I ran off the field.”

Said DiMuro: “Now that I see the tape it’s obvious that the ball fell out of his glove. In hindsight, I should have asked him to show me the ball since he fell into the stands and out of my line of vision.”

rekameohs

Banned
That's one of the worst umpire calls I've ever seen. It doesn't have the same impact as the 1985 WS call, or the perfect game blown call, or the 19 inning one last year, but still not even checking the glove? Is he fucking joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom