• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Lol Reds players are more pissed than Brewers players. Only Brewer to say anything was scrub ass minor leaguer for life Green.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So the Reds are more pissed at him for a harmless celebration than they are when he got arrested for speeding at 90 MPH and driving with a suspended license. Makes sense.

New York Yankees left-hander CC Sabathia is headed to the disabled list with a Grade 1 strain of the adductor muscle near his left leg, the team announced on Wednesday.

Sabathia will miss his next two starts and return after the All-Star break. The team said that Freddy Garcia will take his spot in the rotation.

"He doesn't want to go on (the DL), but he understands it's the best thing to do," manager Joe Girardi said. "Missing two starts is better than seven or eight."

Sabathia is 9-3 this season with a 3.45 ERA. He went 5 2/3 innings and surrendered one run but didn't get a decision in the Yankees' 6-5 win over the Mets Sunday

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8101676/new-york-yankees-put-cc-sabathia-dl-muscle-strain

:(

... and Freddy Fucking Garcia? Are you shitting me?

sangreal

just saw that on SC fuuuuuuck

Freddy has been pitching alright lately, but it sounds like they might call up Adam Warren instead. I wonder why no Phelps

zoom29

Neo Member
noticed some trivia while watching last night's highlights....
--many big-name starting pitchers wear jerseys of multiples of eleven

11 Darvish
22 Kershaw
33 Cliff Lee
44 Roy Oswalt
55 Lincecum

sangreal

I cant imagine a better matchup than this

Yanks get to face the corpse of Ubaldo while the Tribe's LHB brigade has to face Pettitte

will probably lose :(

RBH

Looks like there was a Father's Day sale for MLB.TV ($49.99 for the rest of the season).

Wish I had known about that instead of re-upping for this month for $24. :/

RBH

wow really? i think my month is about up. fuck that

Yeah, I was randomly checking out slickdeals today and I saw this thread from two weeks ago:

http://slickdeals.net/f/4747242-MLB-TV-Premium-50

attachment.php

Kicking myself for missing out on this.

He didn't even check his fucking glove for the ball. I know the call helped out your hometown bros, but come the fuck on. He didn't even check for the ball.

yes, and what makes you think I can't be impartial? I know he got the call wrong. my point was you can't call for an unmpire's head every time they get a call wrong! you want to fix it? get instant replay.

uh-oh... what happened to Andy?

so that's where Spider-Man was...
CHICAGO -- Vinny Rottino, who was designated for assignment to free a 40-man roster spot for left-hander Justin Hampson, has been claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Indians. Rottino has options remaining and can be sent to Triple-A Columbus.
Indians are trying to claim all the Mets Minor League fringe talent. 3rd time this year.

LOL Lucas Duda on a hit-and-run actually STOPPED around 2nd. Hilarious, luckily he started running again and scored.

I thought ballplayers always are trained to pick up the coaches? Just look at the 3rd base coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom