• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

CHIPPER-JONES-IS-BORED.gif

cashman

Banned
In response to Jurickson Profar's recent call up, Ron Washington has decided to let Elvis Andrus DH and
let Michael Young play SS :| :|

sangreal

I'm convinced that Joe doesn't understand how to platoon

It's the 8th inning. Rosters are expanded. Why is Andruw jones hitting against a righty?

cashman

Banned
What the fuck?

For reference since being called up on August 1st, Mike Olt has only gotten 32 PAs

Washington's own experiences as a journeyman player have had a profound effect on how he handled his clubhouse. Near the end of his playing career, Washington had just hit .327 for the Houston Astros' Triple-A team in Tucson, Ariz. Astros general manager Bob Watson called after the season and offered him a job as a player/coach. Washington lit into him over the phone and told him that he was outperforming all of the organization's young prospects. He was insulted that Watson wasn't rewarding his performance.

Washington told me that story Tuesday night as if it had just happened. And I can't help but think those types of slights, real or perceived, play a role in how loyal he is to his veteran players. Maybe at some point he'll have to make way for Profar. But it's not going to happen this season.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08...77&feedID=3799

The Cubs are such an embarrassment to the sporting world. How do you get out cheered by fans from a team on the other side of the country? We have no fan base like the Sox or Yankees.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
bases loaded, no outs, top of the lineup annnndd fredi brings in one of our worst relievers. yay

Great job by Avilan to minimize the damage. Oh wait. He just "got lucky" again. Clearly they should have brought in Martinez to give up a grand slam, right, Windu?

Did anyone just see the ending to the Rays game?

What kind of slide was that?

Uuuuugh. I didn't watch the game, and was just following along with Gameday, so when I saw "In play, out(s)" I assumed Rasmus had popped out to end the game. But Vizquel tagged out at home? Seriously? With expanded rosters and Escobar on the bench, why is a 45-year-old man even running the bases?! Farrell is such a lousy manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom