• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. That's rough.
Jackson was on yesterday with his stuff and Gio is a pretty good pitcher but the Cards have been taking awful, awful ABs lately. Never mind the two Pirates starters who shut down the Cards were struggling big time recently against non-Cardinal teams.

If this keeps up for another game or two, I'm going to be convinced the team has given up or Matheny has lost the team. As much as I harp on how overrated this offense is, there's no reason they should be performing this badly.

Try being a Mariners fan. :cool:
Nobody expects the Mariners to win anything though so the expectations aren't there. :p

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
JnMz3.gif

Braves about to lose their first game of the season when leading after 8 innings. They were 65-0 coming in. Phillies were 1-55 when losing after 8.

rekameohs

Banned
Braves about to lose their first game of the season when leading after 8 innings. They were 65-0 coming in. Phillies were 1-55 when losing after 8.

Can't have that attitude! Last year, the Dbacks were down by 5 with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the 10th, nobody on with a September callup batting in the bottom of the 10th and won.

hemtae

fml

I must be a masochist or something.

Actually, it's quite amusing seeing the Astros this bad.

For what it's worth, the new management seems to be competent so after a few seasons of drafts you guys should have a decent farm. I just wonder how much Crane will be willing to put into the team to possibly get free agents.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
For what it's worth, the new management seems to be competent so after a few seasons of drafts you guys should have a decent farm. I just wonder how much Crane will be willing to put into the team to possibly get free agents.

Yeah, they are already stocking the farm by dumping salaries and trading for prospects. I think Crane wants to build a winner and will, when the time comes, spend the money during free agency.

Let the yearly Atlanta September collapse begin. 4-9 in their last 13. Went 1-for-11 with RISP tonight and suddenly, the Phillies are only 8 back from Wild Card #2...

Piss poor way to end the game. Kimbrel's blown save hurts and Martinez continues to prove he's not to be trusted.

They really didn't have much of an option. All they had left besides Martinez was Luis Avilan and Miguel Batista.

Fenix

Huh...didn't know that. In any case, amazing way to end the game. I literally yelped with joy, which terrified my cats and startled my wife, but whatever...how many games end with a runner being thrown out at home?
I just got home from dinner with the folks and was watching the highlight while sitting on the can...

I still fist pumped like it had just happened.

That was amazing.

Supposedly, Halladay was up all night last night with the same stomach bug Hamels had. He was almost scratched from the start before the game but insisted on pitching. He told Dubee in the 3rd that he had no legs left.

Fenix

Supposedly, Halladay was up all night last night with the same stomach bug Hamels had. He was almost scratched from the start before the game but insisted on pitching. He told Dubee in the 3rd that he had no legs left.
Impossible, cyborgs cannot become ill.

Unless it is a ploy to make him seem human.

cashman

Banned
PROOOOOOFAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

While Profar is not on the 25 man roster as of today, because he was in the organization as of August 31, and because the Rangers have players who will be on the disabled list at season's end, Profar will be eligible to be placed on the Rangers' post-season roster.

Sadly there is higher chance of hell freezing over than Profar getting significant playing time.

cashman

Banned
Can Oakland fucking lose sometime? This is getting fucking annoying. What if they go on a 20 game winning streak? It would be like Moneyball all over again.

Can Oakland fucking lose sometime? This is getting fucking annoying. What if they go on a 20 game winning streak? It would be like Moneyball all over again.

Rangers and A's play 7 of their last 10 against each other. The Rangers will have plenty of chances to put them down themselves.

cashman

Banned
Rangers and A's play 7 of their last 10 against each other. The Rangers will have plenty of chances to put them down themselves.

The Rangers schedule is easy enough over the next 13 games, that even if the A's actually had a 20 game winning streak, they still probably wouldn't be in sole possession of first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom