• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... RA Dickey has to try and win number 18 vs. Adam Wainwright with David Wright having a day off. Cardinals have Berkman and Beltran in the lineup today.

If Dickey wins today it'll be amazing.
Beltran has sucked ass for the longest time (hopefully the break he got the past few games helps) and Berkman has been on the DL all year.

With everyone in the WC hunt being frauds right now, I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Philly and Milwaukee blow past everybody.

Bobby Valentine just snapped on WEEI Boston radio. Valentine said his experience managing the Red Sox this season has been "miserable." When he was asked if he had already checked out on this season, Valentine responded, "If I was there I'd punch you right in the mouth."

Bobby Valentine just snapped on WEEI Boston radio. Valentine said his experience managing the Red Sox this season has been "miserable." When he was asked if he had already checked out on this season, Valentine responded, "If I was there I'd punch you right in the mouth."

Holy shit. I cant believe one year broke him so bad.

McNei1y

hah hah hah

go back to ESPN Bobby V. That way no one will care!

I'm so glad the Nationals didn't pursue him. Davey Johnson is mo betta.

hah hah hah

go back to ESPN Bobby V. That way no one will care!

I'm so glad the Nationals didn't pursue him. Davey Johnson is mo betta.

From a Nats fan viewpoint, how do you think the 2012 team would have done this year if Jim Riggleman was still the manager?

McNei1y

From a Nats fan viewpoint, how do you think the 2012 team would have done this year if Jim Riggleman was still the manager?

IMO, probably close to the same. We might not be doing as good as we are now, but I think we'd be on pace to a winning season, if not a .500 at least. It seemed like both managers had the same style aside from a few situations like situational matchups and platooning players. However, Davey seems to be a much better clubhouse guy so I think it has helped set the mood for a lot of these players.

I used to respect Riggleman but I lost all of it when he just got up and left during a long winning streak. It seemed he was more interested in his contract rather than the team. One thing I liked about Riggleman, though, was that he wasn't afraid to shake things up. Davey Johnson seems to continue with the same thing even if its time for a change.

Ex:

Riggleman switched the lineup last year during the summer a few times within a week. We started winning games when he placed the pitcher in the 8th spot and had people switch in the batting order. I think he was following the optimized lineup and actually put it out there.

Davey likes to keep it the same, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He used Henry Rodriguez a bunch of times earlier this year even though he blew every game. He also guaranteed players a starting role, even if they were the coldest player in the MLB. It also took Davey about 2 weeks to play Lombardozzi as well as Moore. Luckily, I haven't seen much of that from Davey in the past couple of months.

Uggla and McCann back in the lineup tonight for ATL. Janish benched. Prado at SS.

1. Michael Bourn - CF
2. Martin Prado - SS
3. Jason Heyward - RF
4. Chipper Jones - 3B
5. Freddie Freeman - 1B
6. Brian McCann - C
7. Dan Uggla - 2B
8. Jose Constanza - LF
9. Mike Minor - P

crpav

Wow Alex Rios what a game so far. 2-3, 2HR and 6 RBI. Only problem is going into the 7th it's White Sox bullpen time......I would put DeWayne Wise in :)

Oh that is rich. Just fire him already.

LOL Cardinals last out is because Adron Chambers didn't double-touch 2nd base on the popout. Ballgame over.

Mets win 6-2, and another good line by RA Dickey:

Code:
[U][B]Pitchers	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PC-ST	ERA[/B][/U]
R Dickey	6.2	8	2	2	1	5	1	104-71	2.64
He now goes to 18-4 and for now takes over the lead in wins.

rekameohs

Banned
Ian Kinsler DH'ing, Michael Young paying 2nd. sigh

ronwash.jpg

Russell Martin batting 5th

Ok, that's worse.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Glad Kinsler is DHing tonight. Very rarely can a loss be attributed to a single player (outside the pitcher), but the royals loss yesterday was all at the hands of kinslers cocky antics at third causing him to get picked off. killed the momentum, messed up his mental game which led to the error later, cost the rangers the game.

He also said that he wants to come back next year. And that latter bit makes sense in context I think. The guy was saying how reports say that he doesn't care anymore, and there was this whole long thing about criticism because he wasn't at the Oakland stadium until 4pm (for a 7pm game) one day because he was picking up his son at the airport and was stuck in traffic... and yes, I think he's quite right to be angry about complaints like that, that's ridiculous.

McNei1y

Every home run he gets over 30 will probably add 10 mil to his next contract.

Trade him now! Think of the future!

I wouldn't mind a two year deal with him. Only problem is, while we lack a 1b in the minors, we have many options for OF to potentially move Morse to 1b.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Trade him now! Think of the future!

I wouldn't mind a two year deal with him. Only problem is, while we lack a 1b in the minors, we have many options for OF to potentially move Morse to 1b.

I think Moore would be a fine power-hitting first-baseman, but I worry about the defensive differences. LaRoche is a fine, fine option but I bet he gets more than two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom