• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Anyone else see that Trout catch? Goddamn incredible.

iJGX6sq6TeYK4.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Anyone else see that Trout catch? Goddamn incredible.

iJGX6sq6TeYK4.gif
Pretty good catch. I must be spoiled by watching andruw jones for 10+ years. I was expecting more when you said incredible.

It does look better in gif form though. The video made it look like he jogged to the ball off the bat.

edit: and yeah that wall is tiny.

Thanks brah, that's fucked up though. Gonna have to find a way.

How stupid are the brahs on MLBN for constantly suggesting that the Angels trade Trumbo or Borjous for relievers. Why you trade solid position players for failed pitchers? Just fucking DFA Vernon Wells.

xbhaskarx

JoseCanseco

I will be in the MLB hall of fame someday. Like me or not I made a difference in MLB. One of these years MLB will realize.

Maybe after I am long gone MLB will realize just like the Negro league players finally getting noticed.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Baseball Prospectus running out of articles to write?

The Goblins & Gauntlets Monster Manual, MLB Expansion Pack: Pitchers, Vol. 1:

Jamie Moyer
Humanoid (Undead)
Hit Dice: 12d20
Special Attacks: Withering Gaze, Teleportation
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

When encountered in the wild, a Moyer initially appears as a wizened old man and uses his appearance to lull his victims into a false sense of security. In reality, Moyers are tireless hunters, constantly on the trail of virgin pitching prospects on which to feed. They are cunning creatures who use guile to track their prey, subdue them, and feast on their elbow ligaments.

In addition to the Withering Gaze attack (pictured), Moyers can teleport from one location to another. They may appear in three different cities, separated by thousands of miles, in the course of a single campaign. They cannot be killed. The only way to defeat a Moyer is to wait until he tires himself out and gets lifted for a pinch-hitter (National League universe rules only).

Bronson Arroyo
Humanoid (Ethereal)
Hit Dice: 1d12
Special Attacks: Mournful Wail
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Arroyos are generally harmless creatures, but, when threatened, will seek to repel attackers with a Mournful Wail. The wail will continue until either he or his attackers are dead or have been repelled.

Some Arroyos have corn-rows that can grasp opponents during hand-to-hand combat (–20 penalty on grapple check), while others make car commercials so ridiculous that opponents are incapacitated for 1d4 turns.

RBH

It'll be a surprise if Zack Greinke is pitching for the Brewers after the July 31st trade deadline, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports writes:

• Greinke didn't offer much detail on his contract talks with the Brewers -- “I don’t know anything about that. I’m not really talking about it" -- but the Brewers are preparing to trade him if an extension isn't possible.
  • Morosi is almost certain the Brewers will be sellers and notes that the Braves, Dodgers, Cardinals, Orioles, White Sox and Indians would like to upgrade their rotations. Morosi adds that the Rangers, Angels and Yankees had scouts at Greinke’s most recent start. Greinke, a free agent after the season, figures to obtain a qualifying from the Brewers this fall if he stays in Milwaukee. No other team can obtain draft pick compensation for Greinke if he leaves as a free agent this offseason.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/06/morosi-on-greinke-brewers-kotsay.html
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...eadline-texas-rangers-new-york-yankees-062712

As of today, 11 first round picks remain unsigned:

3. Mike Zunino, C - Mariners
4. Kevin Gausman, RHP - Orioles
6. Albert Amora, OF - Cubs
8. Mark Appel, RHP - Pirates
9. Andrew Hainey, LHP - Marlins
16. Lucas Giolito, RHP - Nationals
18. Corey Seager, SS - Dodgers
22. Marcus Stroman, RHP - Blue Jays
25. Richie Shaffer, IF - Rays
30. Ty Hensley, RHP - Yankees
55. Walter Weickel, RHP - Padres

According to the new CBA, the new deadline to sign draft picks is July 14. The previous deadline was August 15.

My All-Star ballot:

AL:
Joe Mauer
Paul Konerko
Robinson Cano
Mike Moustakas
Elvis Andrus
David Ortiz
Mike Trout
Josh Hamilton
Adam Jones

NL: