• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see that Trout catch? Goddamn incredible.

iJGX6sq6TeYK4.gif

Don't show that to Jango.....He still feeling the effect of a Angels toying with his team

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
coors field is a joke

My All-Star ballot:

AL:
Joe Mauer
Paul Konerko
Robinson Cano
Mike Moustakas
Elvis Andrus
David Ortiz
Mike Trout
Josh Hamilton
Adam Jones

NL:
Carlos Ruiz
Joey Votto
Aaron Hill
David Wright
Jed Lowrie
Ryan Braun
Michael Bourn
Martin Prado
i decided to take into account the second half of last season in my voting.

1B: Fielder
2B: Cano
3B: Beltre
SS: Andrus
C: Napoli
LF: Gordon
CF: Hamilton
RF: Bautista
DH: Cabrera

1B: Votto
2B: Uggla
3B: Wright
SS: Tulo
C: Ruiz
LF: Braun
CF: Bourn
RF: Beltran

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AL:
Joe Mauer
Paul Konerko
Robinson Cano
Miguel Cabrera
Asdrubal Cabrera
Mark Trumbo
Josh Hamilton
Mike Trout
David Ortiz

NL:
Carlos Ruiz
Joey Votto
Jose Altuve
David Wright
Jed Lowrie
Carlos Beltran
Andrew McCutchen
Melky Cabrera

I can't wait to see Dan Uggla take the field for the starting lineups with a .230 under his name.

My bad. It was supposed to be a two part question.

1) Why Mauer?
2) No trumbo or Dunn for DH?

1) He's got the highest average and OBP among eligible catchers. I know Napoli's got the sexy HR/RBI stats, but his defense is too flaky for me to seriously choose him over Mauer and he's only hitting about .240. I know Mauer isn't a defensive whizkid either, but he's better than Napoli.

2) Ortiz has a OBP of .400. Dunn is HR, walk or nothing. You can definitely make a case for Trumbo, but it's so close at that point, the difference is the Sexy Stats©, which Ortiz has higher of.

dmag1223

another baseball bashing thread. (they try to disguise it as covering all sports but weeknow the truth)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480457

sorry to those people who watch a sport were guys can't throw but would rather throw themselves on the ground....

edit: woops, blew right by Windu.

I feel like there is no middle ground with baseball. Either you absolutely adore it and appreciate every little thing about it, or you just hate it with a passion, and shit on it whenever you get the chance.

It does feel to me like the people who dislike baseball are really vocal about it though, much more than other sports.

they're ignorant about it. if people in DR, Puerto Rico and Cuba (who as you know we are a festive people ;) don't find it boring then they have no excuse to not understand it. ah, whatever. life is too short to bother arguing with them.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I feel like there is no middle ground with baseball. Either you absolutely adore it and appreciate every little thing about it, or you just hate it with a passion, and shit on it whenever you get the chance.

It does feel to me like the people who dislike baseball are really vocal about it though, much more than other sports.

People be mad baseball better than basketball

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i find other sports like football and basketball boring. /shrug.

also, Harper just destroyed a baseball.

they're ignorant about it. if people in DR, Puerto Rico and Cuba (who as you know we are a festive people ;) don't find it boring then they have no excuse to not understand it. ah, whatever. life is too short to bother arguing with them.

I think it has to do more with these ADHD ass Americans who can't stay put for more than 2 seconds. You also got to take into account that baseball is sometimes the only way out in those said countries. Americans are a spoiled and whiny bunch.

I didn't know Gaf had so many idiots. That thread is an abomination. They sound like a bunch of casuals that have superficial generalities about the support they abhor.

dmag1223

I didn't know Gaf had so many idiots. That thread is an abomination. They sound like a bunch of casuals that have superficial generalities about the support they abhor.
Yeah, I couldn't make it past the first page of that that thread. It actually reminds me of alot of what my friends who don't like baseball say about it, but then again most of them play ultimate frisbee and talk about how its the greatest sport ever, so lol at them.

Haha I saw that thread title and never even bothered to click on it, knowing it would be a garbage thread. All the major sports are legit entertaining in one way or another.

That said, I'd like to see any other sport have a day like Game 162 last season.

Haha I saw that thread title and never even bothered to click on it, knowing it would be a garbage thread. All the major sports are legit entertaining in one way or another.

That said, I'd like to see any other sport have a day like Game 162 last season.

Great night man. Gaf went bonkers dat day,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom