• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Anyone think this series between the sox and tigers is important?

it's important, as any series against the team you are trying to beat for a playoff spot is important, but it's only game changing if there is a sweep.

if the white sox get swept that puts the tigers back in sole possession of first which is something that could spring them into a hot streak. If the white sox sweep that puts the tigers 6 games out with like 19 to go... so if the white sox go 9-10 the tigers would need to go 15-4 to tie... which is tough lol.

I get why people are laughing at that. You would literally have to be the worst franchise ever to blow a lead of 6 or more games with only 20 or so games left. No way could that ever happen.

jman2050

I get why people are laughing at that. You would literally have to be the worst franchise ever to blow a lead of 6 or more games with only 20 or so games left. No way could that ever happen.

I'm sure the Cardinals could conceivably, maybe, play badly enough to blow those 6 games with 20 or so games to go.

...In that case you can look forward to watching Pittsburgh or Los Angeles play Atlanta instead.

eznark

Banned
I'm sure the Cardinals could conceivably, maybe, play badly enough to blow those 6 games with 20 or so games to go.

...In that case you can look forward to watching Pittsburgh or Los Angeles play Atlanta instead.

Lolololol this is as idiotic as Jabee. No way Pittsburgh holds off Milwaukee.

jman2050

Lolololol this is as idiotic as Jabee. No way Pittsburgh holds off Milwaukee.

Yeah, sorry, that was dumb of me. I was merely speaking to the fact that it isn't just one team that has to blow a substantial lead for Philly to get in.

Just replace Pittsburgh with Milwaukee or Arizona and it'll work just as well.

JABEE

Maybe it's just a state of shock I'm in at the moment. For five straight seasons the Phillies have won the NL East and they've been in it until the final day of the season for about eight seasons. After seeing the Eagles almost blow a game to the Browns and the impending NHL lockout makes a Philadelphia sports fan desperate.

No hockey.
Repeat of last season's Eagles.
No October Baseball.

rando14

Maybe it's just a state of shock I'm in at the moment. For five straight seasons the Phillies have won the NL East and they've been in it until the final day of the season for about eight seasons. After seeing the Eagles almost blow a game to the Browns and the impending NHL lockout makes a Philadelphia sports fan desperate.

No hockey.
No October Baseball.

Gee I wonder what that feels like.

Yeah, sorry, that was dumb of me. I was merely speaking to the fact that it isn't just one team that has to blow a substantial lead for Philly to get in.

Just replace Pittsburgh with Milwaukee or Arizona and it'll work just as well.

Phils are ahead of the Dbacks already and tied with the Brewers. They dont need either of those teams to collapse to get in. Just 3 teams, Cards, Pirates, and Dodgers. all 3 have struggled lately and Phils are playing better then anyone. Not saying they will get in but it isnt crazier then the Rays or Cards getting in last year.

No hockey.
No October Baseball.

Ya'll gonna have Bynum stories/gifs coming soon

Phils are ahead of the Dbacks already and tied with the Brewers. They dont need either of those teams to collapse to get in. Just 3 teams, Cards, Pirates, and Dodgers. all 3 have struggled lately and Phils are playing better then anyone. Not saying they will get in but it isnt crazier then the Rays or Cards getting in last year.

This is where the second Wild Card is really making people nutty. Both the Brewers and the Phillies are still 11.5 behind the Braves.

I guess Selig got what he wanted.

Ya'll gonna have Bynum stories/gifs coming soon

My god he is so good. I have never been this excited for an NBA season in my life.

This is where the second Wild Card is really making people nutty. Both the Brewers and the Phillies are still 11.5 behind the Braves.

I guess Selig got what he wanted.
Why does it matter what their record is compared to the Braves, I dont get it?

No hockey.
No October Baseball.

Typical of a Philly fan to forget about The Sixers.

zulux21

I can't believe the left fielder dropped that and gifted the white sox a runner on second with no outs... we gotta score this inning with the extra out @_@

edit: still can't score -_-

Back to baseball. lol.

Some hijinks going down in the Pirates game. They f'n hate Brandon Phillips. They threw over to first and he was just stanidng there on the base with his hands on his waist staring down the pitcher. It was the oddest thing I've seen all year.

zulux21

back to back for the white sox to take a 4-1 lead after a second error from the tigers let wise on base again, hopefully momentum sticks with them and then can go onto win it (I can then start dreaming about a sweep which would give the white sox a comfortable lead then) which would allow them worst case to be tied for first again at the end of the series if they take this first one.

edit: and the tigers commit another error, hopefully the momentum keeps going in the white sox way.

Jubs

Good job Reds holding them in the 9th.

True Philly fans don't cheer for other teams. What a disgrace.
8EIYU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom