• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

"Sandoval amassed 5,743,542 votes, to Wright's 4,133,380. He closed a nearly 465,000-vote gap in the final week. "

Not only did he beat him, but zipped by him by 1.6 million votes. Welp... I guess it giving out home field advantage in the WS wasn't a big enough joke.

There's definitely something weird about Sandoval. Supposedly the day before voting ended, Wright was up by 500,000 votes. And he loses by 1.6 MILLION?

Link

The Autumn Wind
"Sandoval amassed 5,743,542 votes, to Wright's 4,133,380. He closed a nearly 465,000-vote gap in the final week. "

Not only did he beat him, but zipped by him by 1.6 million votes. Welp... I guess it giving out home field advantage in the WS wasn't a big enough joke.
Ok, there's no way this was accomplished legitimately. I'm hopping aboard the Conspiracy Train with vas.

Code:
[U]BA 	HR 	RBI 	 OBP 	 SLG    .OPS[/U]
.307 	6 	25 	.366 	.482    .848
Code:
[U]BA 	HR 	RBI 	 OBP 	 SLG    .OPS[/U]
.355 	9 	50 	.449 	.564    1.013

Guess which is Sandoval's and which is Wright's?

There's definitely something weird about Sandoval. Supposedly the day before voting ended, Wright was up by 500,000 votes. And he loses by 1.6 MILLION?
To be fair, the average casual fan probably votes for laundry rather than statistics. The recent sweep of LA and subsequent rise to 1st place probably generated a lot of buzz around the team and got a bunch of them to vote for Giants in droves.

dmag1223

Ah, I forgot LaRussa was the manager for the NL this year. That explains why Cueto was snubbed. Oh well, enjoy the break Johnny.

Yeah, it would be different if he was at least CLOSE to Wright. This is appalling. I hope the fans in KC have the decency to boo him viciously.

RBH

I'm at Yankee Stadium right now. Man, this place just seems massive.

And I'm also eating a hot dog with ketchup on it!

Malo

Banned
I'm at Yankee Stadium right now. Man, this place just seems massive.

And I'm also eating a hot dog with ketchup on it!
thumbs-up-chuck.gif

Malo

Banned
Most I would give up is probably Nova and one of the B's, guy is going want a huge contract in the offseason, Philles are on the ropes here trying to get something for him.
What B? Betances has been terrible this year and Baunelos is on the dl. To get Hamels you would definitely have to give up one of Mason Williams and Gary Sanchez.

What B? Betances has been terrible this year and Baunelos is on the dl. To get Hamels you would definitely have to give up one of Mason Williams and Gary Sanchez.

Willams is probably going to a future OF star in a couple of years, and Sanchez should be untouchable since he is the future catcher maybe even two years from now. The Yanks are going to have to pay Hamels over 100 mil, no reason to blow needed prospects for him.

Malo

Banned
Willams is probably going to a future OF star in a couple of years, and Sanchez should be untouchable since he is the future catcher maybe even two years from now. The Yanks are going to have to pay Hamels over 100 mil, no reason to blow needed prospects for him.
I see Williams being like Austin Jackson except he doesn't strike out nearly as much and Sanchez's defense hasn't exactly received glowing reports, but he does have a better chance to stick at catcher than Montero ever did.

I guess it depends if you trust Nova and Hughes in the playoffs since a top three of CC, Kuroda, and Pettite is pretty good.

Here's what gets me... How the Hell did Buster Posey, who trailed Joey Votto by nearly 1.2 million votes on Jun 27th, end up as the top vote getter overall on July 1st?

That's suspicious. It's not like he was a runaway winner over Yadier Molina, who was barely trailing him. You know how many people in 4 days would have to vote for Buster Posey and NOT vote for Joey Votto for 1st base? Or Matt Kemp for one of the THREE outfield spots?

cashman

Banned
Maybe bud has arranged for all the giants to be on the all star team in order to give the Rangers home field advantage in the World Series.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Here's what gets me... How the Hell did Buster Posey, who trailed Joey Votto by nearly 1.2 million votes on Jun 27th, end up as the top vote getter overall on July 1st?

That's suspicious. It's not like he was a runaway winner over Yadier Molina, who was barely trailing him. You know how many people in 4 days would have to vote for Buster Posey and NOT vote for Joey Votto for 1st base? Or Matt Kemp for one of the THREE outfield spots?

All us SF'ers finally put down the pot and voted because our dealers forced us to.

Peripherals are still very good, I'd trade for him.

I guess peripherals don't factor in how many times he's gotten ahead 0-2 and becomes completely afraid of throwing anything close to a strike in the rest of the at-bat. He did it agan with Harper today. Got ahead 0-2 and then threw 4 straight balls that weren't even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom