• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Bourn and Chipper in the final vote...well so much for a brave winning it. Thank you MLB for making it easy to split up the vote between the two and get Harper into the game.

New York Mets Lineup:
1) Andres Torres CF
2) Ruben Tejada 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Scott Hairston LF
5) Lucas Duda RF
6) Justin Turner 1B
7) Ronny Cedeno 2B
8) Mike Nickeas C
9) Dillon Gee RHP

Surprised Duda is playing instead of Ike. I think Duda is more likely to look bad on those curves than Davis is.

Los Angeles Dodgers Lineup:
1) Dee Gordon SS
2) A.J. Ellis C
3) Bobby Abreu LF
4) Juan Rivera RF
5) Adam Kennedy 2B
6) James Loney 1B
7) Juan Uribe 3B
8) Tony Gwynn Jr. CF
9) Clayton Kershaw LHP
And just like the ASG voting, they won because of a fuck up.

Consistency!
854k6fp.gif

eznark

Banned
Frankman, and all Mest fans, I'm ashamed of you all for not having Wright as a starter for the ASG. He should of been a definte lock. You Mest fans need to GTFO.

Yes just being a salty fan of the game

BTW ez,darkside, Braun is gonna start. IMO

I'm hoping he bows out due to injury personally. I'd rather not watch the ASG.

New York Mets Lineup:
1) Andres Torres CF
2) Ruben Tejada 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Scott Hairston LF
5) Lucas Duda RF
6) Justin Turner 1B
7) Ronny Cedeno 2B
8) Mike Nickeas C
9) Dillon Gee RHP

Surprised Duda is playing instead of Ike. I think Duda is more likely to look bad on those curves than Davis is.

Los Angeles Dodgers Lineup:
1) Dee Gordon SS
2) A.J. Ellis C
3) Bobby Abreu LF
4) Juan Rivera RF
5) Adam Kennedy 2B
6) James Loney 1B
7) Juan Uribe 3B
8) Tony Gwynn Jr. CF
9) Clayton Kershaw LHP

854k6fp.gif

Andy Pettitte destroyed Duda.

Come on Torres, that's not helping.

I'll say this; from the little I've seen of Torres he doesn't read pitcher's moves anywhere as well as Jose Reyes.

It's funny, if the Mets can score a run here they could mentally crush the Dodgers, who have to work so hard just to get a runner in scoring position.

EDIT: And there you go.

Carlos Lee has officially informed the Astros he will not waive his no-trade clause to accept a trade to the Dodgers. The deal is dead.

The deal would have sent Lee and cash to the Dodgers in exchange for pitching prospect Garrett Gould, the #6 ranked prospect in the Dodgers system by Baseball America.

Even though Lee should have 10/5 trade protection, he surrendered it in exchange for a full no-trade clause for the first four years of his six-year contract with the Astros. The no-trade became a partial no-trade for the last two seasons. The Dodgers were one of the 14 teams on Lee's partial no-trade list.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, Gee, your team lost a couple of runs, but you still have a lead. Time to set the tone.

Don't forget about the curve, Dillon.

EDIT: I'm not sure what was worse, Dillon staying away from Ellis the whole AB or Duda's route to that ball. That looked like it MAYBE could've been cut off with a better route.

Horrible pitch selection. Waves at two sliders away, LET'S THROW HIM A HIGH FASTBALL!
Horrible route by Lucas Duda...

again, why is Lucas Duda starting tonight?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Torres needs to sit. He's actively hurting the offense right now.

EDIT - That would have been another run if Torres could get a bunt down.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm still not happy about the runs we've left on the table, but Kershaw looks decidedly human tonight. I think the Mets can get to him for at least a couple more runs.

I'm still not happy about the runs we've left on the table, but Kershaw looks decidedly human tonight. I think the Mets can get to him for at least a couple more runs.

He pitching good. He's getting the groundballs that supposed to be outs but with Gordon....Herrera playing SS soon Harry?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Btw, Windu, for the record, Venters is throwing WP and HBP at more than twice his usual rate. xFIP is the same, but his line drive rate is way too high, velocity is down, and batters are swinging at his out-of-zone pitches less often. Not saying he's broken, but there are legit issues.

He has an identical 56.6% first pitch strike rate in every season though, which is bizarre.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Giants-fans-rock-the-All-Star-voting-3677369.php

The surge for the Giants, particularly Sandoval's election, are sure to spark a backlash in other cities and cries of ballot-stuffing, though the Yankees and Rangers also had three starting position players elected.

The Giants launched an all-out marketing push in the past few days to get their players elected. They made constant announcements on the air and in the ballpark. They even installed electronic terminals at AT&T Park so fans could cast the 25 ballots each was allowed.

Being at home through the final days of voting surely helped.
So did Cabrera falling out of a starting position last week. That spurred a "Vote Melky" campaign that apparently worked. Sandoval clearly rode his coattails.

No wonder the voting surged, you're allowed to vote 25 times? If just 5000 people used those terminals over the past 7 home games each and got the full allotment, that's still 875,000 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom