• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

Go Jays!

Tigers season high winning streak (of only 5) coinciding with the White Sox being on a tear is a little disheartening, but it's nice seeing another legit team in the Central. I hate the Sox with a passion, but it's more fun to hate them when they're holding our feet to the fire than when they're garbage. Of course I only feel this way because I believe Detroit to be the better team and will ultimately come out ahead and because I want to have some drama at the end of the season. Maybe that'd get a White Sox fan or another Tigers fan posting in this thread again for a change.

Delmon Young with homers in 4 straight days is a blessing and a curse.
Prince heating up.
Cabrera is Cabrera.
Austin Jackson is playing out of his mind. Who would've thought he'd be leading a team that has Fielder in Cabrera in slugging percentage at the All Star Break? The change he's made to his swing, cutting out his big leg kick has really made a difference. I love Granderson and glad he's having success in New York, but I'm couldn't be much happier with the outcome of that big trade before the 2010 season.

Tigers at 2 over with a starting rotation that's underperformed and 2 almost everyday players (Boesch and Young) vying for worse player in the league at the start of last week. Disappointing, but could have been a lot worse.

Go Jays!

Tigers season high winning streak (of only 5) coinciding with the White Sox being on a tear is a little disheartening, but it's nice seeing another legit team in the Central. I hate the Sox with a passion, but it's more fun to hate them when they're holding our feet to the fire than when they're garbage. Of course I only feel this way because I believe Detroit to be the better team and will ultimately come out ahead and because I want to have some drama at the end of the season. Maybe that'd get a White Sox fan or another Tigers fan posting in this thread again for a change.

Delmon Young with homers in 4 straight days is a blessing and a curse.
Prince heating up.
Cabrera is Cabrera.
Austin Jackson is playing out of his mind. Who would've thought he'd be leading a team that has Fielder in Cabrera in slugging percentage at the All Star Break? The change he's made to his swing, cutting out his big leg kick has really made a difference. I love Granderson and glad he's having success in New York, but I'm couldn't be much happier with the outcome of that big trade before the 2010 season.

Tigers at 2 over with a starting rotation that's underperformed and 2 almost everyday players (Boesch and Young) vying for worse player in the league at the start of last week. Disappointing, but could have been a lot worse.

You forgot to mention Quentin Barry.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Bauer is really inefficient, so it was good to see a quickish inning there. Only 12 pitches. 67 total through 4.

turnbuckle

Give that man a $10 million per year contract!

Praying V-Mart doesn't reinjure himself lest the Tigers do just that...and it'll probably be multi-year with a player option at the end and a no trade clause.

You forgot to mention Quentin Barry.

Because he wears a stupid glove that's cost him on a couple plays and because the last time I got excited for an aged rookie playing above expectations we got the real version of Brennan Boesch. (Would've said Will Rhymes, but I never cared for that guy).

QB has been excellent in the 2 spot. Seems to get a bad read on fly balls, doesn't appear to have a great arm, but his speed is fantastic and he knows how to work the count and draw walks. .388 OBP and 12/12 on stolen bags is nice to have in the top of the order. Wish Jackson was batting behind him (and Delmon batting 7th, and and and and and...)

Votto got fuckin' flat out robbed. You'll see that catch tonight on TV. And for a while.

In other news, I don't want to live in a world where the Pirates are good.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Praying V-Mart doesn't reinjure himself lest the Tigers do just that...and it'll probably be multi-year with a player option at the end and a no trade clause.
Well, Delmon is only 26 years old and no one doubts his talent. I would fully support this deal!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
5xDa6.gif
Heath Bell Suicide/Ozzie Guillen Homicide Watch is official
5xDa6.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Boooooo Hamilton should have stopped at 1st so we could see him vs Bethancourt. Chicken.
Castellanos doesn't wear batting gloves? He just became my favorite prospect.
Brooks Conrad would be great on the Mets.

Fenix

.500 at the break for the first time in 5 years. Impressive considering we have 857 pitchers on the DL (+1 today).

To add to the Marlins stupidness
joe capozzi
‏@joecapMARLINS

Ozzie mad at Hanley for cutting his finger when he hit a cooling fan in dugout after an at bat ‪#Marlins‬

At least he'll has time to heal over the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom