• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

At the halfway point:

ii1DyOjIeelHo.png

ibxPEvE0IVpooj.png

ibBXEy7XJ2IJE.png

i4TFqiRzDNRlC.png

i9ufR1bK43U17.png

Only 3 teams below .500 in the AL.

Trade deadline should be interesting. Because of Wild Card #2, a lot more teams are going to convince themselves they are buyers.

Look at all the .500 teams in the AL but are only 2.5 back of WC#2...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays are in a pretty interesting spot since they can be sellers or buyers. They need some offense like right now, especially with Longoria done till at least August, they have arms just sitting in the minor leagues and they have pitchers ready to be dealt.

Could see Shields getting dealt. Don't think anybody is interested in Upton (why would they?). Matt Joyce is going to expensive too.

squall211

I'd like to personally thank Tony LaRussa for trying his hardest to suck all the fun out of the ASG.

As a Mets fan, I'm extremely pissed that he's passing over R.A. Dickey to start the game when he clearly deserves it.

As a sports fan, I'm extremely pissed that he's depriving all baseball fans on seeing one of the best feel good stories in sports over the last few years start this game. I know he'll make it into the game eventually, but it's not the same.

bjb

Banned
Yeah I really want to see the best players in the world bat against some gimmick pitcher. Might as well ask Wakefield to start or come out of the pen.

zulux21

Who wins the Derby tonight?
I'm feeling Fielder.
Anyone notice that Alex Rios is shaping himself back into an elite player? He's had a monster run these past six weeks.

given that I have watched pretty much every white sox game in the last 3 weeks, yeah I noticed :p

I also noticed his stance/approach at the plate is completely different then before, so this might not be a few weeks fluke thing but a legit resurgence.

I do wonder if this new stance is something he came up with, or something the new sox hitting coach made him try.

rekameohs

Banned
An Arizona beat reporter talked with Kevin Towers and it turns out that Rosenthal's Justin Upton report was blown out of proportion. Rosenthal merely asked Towers if the team were to fall out of contention, if anyone would be excluded from being shopped, and Towers said no.

Rosenthal, being the dummy he is, blew this thing way larger than it should be.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
An Arizona beat reporter talked with Kevin Towers and it turns out that Rosenthal's Justin Upton report was blown out of proportion. Rosenthal merely asked Towers if the team were to fall out of contention, if anyone would be excluded from being shopped, and Towers said no.

Rosenthal, being the dummy he is, blew this thing way larger than it should be.

Uh he's not going to say guys are publicly available for trade even if they are.

Theres a good chance they are shopping Justin Upton. Even if thats the case you don't confess to it because theres an even better chance he's still playing for your organization a month from now.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
people should be making a bigger deal on why Grienke and Lee were left off the roster, not on who will pitch the 1st or 3rd inning.

Wow, I was just looking at Prince Fielder's stats, and just like Josh Beckett he alternates between good/worse seasons, with the better seasons falling on odd-numbered years.

What causes this?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yeah, it defies rational thought that Appel would refuse to sign this year. Have fun getting drafted 10th next year, buddy.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
More interested in watching Sheets make his 2nd start in AA tonight than the HRD. Does that make me a bad baseball fan or a good baseball fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom