• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

talking about Aces
e235f104b0fa49318c0d6b8.png
if the standings remain as they are the only starters in the cy young running making the playoffs are Sale, Johnson and Harrison lol

Branduil

Harrison or Darvish will be the number 1 starter. The Rangers nearly won the World Series with CJ Wilson as their number 1. They don't really need a shut down ace to win the whole thing.

Well the main problem is Holland and Dumpster being the 3 and 4 starters.

60 mil contract over 6 years + 50 million dollar posting fee. Yeah a significant amount of money. He's only recently turned 26, and still has an Ace ceiling.
A better deal than we gave Tim + Darvish isn't trying to piss everyone off (he has been better lately).

rando14

talking about Aces

if the standings remain as they are the only starters in the cy young running making the playoffs are Sale, Johnson and Harrison lol

Ahahahaha @ Felix being fucking NINTH in the listing. Yeah I guess a perfect game and 5 shutouts isn't worth shit.

Branduil

Holland is like the ultimate wildcard, could be awesome, could be complete shit. He's pitched really really well in September though.

Well the other problem is I still don't completely trust Harrison in the postseason... and who knows with Darvish. The Rangers are going to roll out without a single proven postseason starter.

Macattk15

Get that CYP shit out of here.

Such a horrible fucking stat ESPN made up.

Jim Johnson bitches! Rafael Soriano BITCHES!

VICTORY BONUS! LOL.

cashman

Banned
Well the other problem is I still don't completely trust Harrison in the postseason... and who knows with Darvish. The Rangers are going to roll out without a single proven postseason starter.

I would say Holland proved he could pitch effectively in the post season last year.

cashman

Banned
Pretty successful debut for Wilmer Font!

Was shocked last year when I found out Colby Lewis has the lowest postseason era of any active starter.

It's also worth noting that Colby Lewis' 2011 regular season was actually worse than the season Dempster is currently having. Post season pitching is very random, it all depends on who gets hot.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Rangers pitchers: half aces.....half turds. Wash put the dregs in tonight. Both Scheppers and Mark Lowe need to be permanently sent down to AAA.

Also, some of you RangersGAF guys are shit fans.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
My volume is a little low, but I swear I just heard one of the Rangers' commentators say 'holy shit.' anyone else watching and catch that?

Nice dig and throw for Profar. He might not be hitting any longer, but he's showing some mad D.

Lastly, fuck this game.

Bowflex

Soto reached on an error! Start of a B team rally, I can feel it....

Macattk15

Mariners getting fucked by the umps.

Not much is new. Like they need any help being fucked.

I can't fucking stand umpires. I don't understand how some umps run out there every year with seemingly no repercussions.

Apparently bunting a ball off your foot is allowed. Fucking cock ass umpires.

Umps are unionized, and fucking ENTRENCHED. You couldn't pry one of those idiots out of their job if they blew every other call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom