• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangocube

Banned
Os top prospect Dylan Bundy has been called up to provide a fresh arm after the marathon game. Expected to fill a limited relief role.

Where are you seeing this?

If true, helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yes.

And a fucking 18 inning game? Jesus. But them O's pulled through. McLouth is a beast.

Where are you seeing this?

If true, helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yes.

And a fucking 18 inning game? Jesus. But them O's pulled through. McLouth is a beast.
Ken Rosenthal reporting
foxsports.coml said:

The Baltimore Orioles initially had said that they would not promote their top pitching prospect, right-hander Dylan Bundy.

A pennant race and an 18-inning game have a way of changing a team’s best-laid plans.

Bundy, 19, is heading to the majors.

The Orioles informed Bundy early Wednesday morning that they were promoting him from their Instructional League team in Florida.

Bundy is expected to join the team in time for its series finale against the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday night at 10:10 p.m. ET, and likely will fill a limited role in relief.

The Orioles need a fresh arm - they used seven relievers for a combined 12 2/3 scoreless innings in their 4-2 victory over the Mariners on Tuesday night.

Bundy, the fourth overall pick in the 2011 draft out of Owasso (Okla.) H.S., went a combined 9-3 with a 2.08 ERA in 23 starts at three minor-league levels in his first full professional season.

He peaked at Double A, where he made three starts. For the season, he struck out 119 and walked 28 in 103 2/3 innings while allowing just 67 hits.

The Orioles initially declined to promote Bundy, sending him to the Instructional League for further refinement. Bundy issued four walks in 5 1/3 innings in his final minor-league start.

"The instructional league starts on (Sept. 12),” manager Buck Showalter told reporters in late August. “What did he walk, four guys last night? There are some things . . .

“He's at a level he's being challenged at, just like he got challenged more at (Single A) Frederick. I think the progression of his development has been great. Couldn't ask for a better progression. I think we're a little over 2 1/2 weeks for the instructional league to start. I know they've got some plans for him, some things he needs to work on there."

Showalter and his staff, however, had talked excitedly about the possibility of using Bundy in September all season. The Orioles have managed their roster aggressively all season, and on Aug. 9 promoted their top position prospect, shortstop Manny Machado, to play third base.

Machado, who turned 20 on July 6, has played an important role in the team’s success down the stretch, solidifying the infield defense and batting .264 with a .708 OPS.

eznark

Banned
That seems really stupid. Is there no better arm? Dude has what, 100 innings in his professional career?

I mean, I'll definitely be watching but still

cashman

Banned
Unfortunately I am not as dedicated as enigma, and I couldn't stay up to tell you that the fighting showalter's late inning victory mathematically eliminated both the Royals and Mariners from the Al Wildcard.

Macattk15

Glad I didn't stay up for that shitshow.

Montero with the big 0-8.

I really don't see much special in him ... least he didn't show it this year. (blah blah blah 22 blah blah).

zulux21

hillies second baseman Chase Utley may start a few games at third base before the season is over, according to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com Though the sample would likely be too small for GM Ruben Amaro to arrive at any definitive conclusions as to whether the switch could be made long-term, it may nonetheless factor into his offseason planning, as Amaro said the market for third basemen -- via trade or free agency -- is "not very good."

why in the world would you move a guy with knee problems from second to third o_O; Third requires a lot more quick reactions which I can't imagine would end well for a guy with bad knees.

Whoever enjoys international baseball conpetition I have news for you: worldbaseballclassic.com will be streaming qualfying games free starting tonight. South Africa vs. Israel. Shawn Green will be playing for Israel!

eznark

Banned
Whoever enjoys international baseball conpetition I have news for you: worldbaseballclassic.com will be streaming qualfying games free starting tonight. South Africa vs. Israel. Shawn Green will be playing for Israel!

1. thanks!

2. fuck Shawn Green

Any idea who will play for the US national team? I'd like to just once roll out a team with our best. Although, the 2nd WBC team was much better than the first, I'll say that much.

Malo

Banned
I think it's stupid that they brought up Bundy so soon, but I definitely want to see him pitch.

Also nice job by Andy.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/...tebook_id=38635330&vkey=notebook_atl&c_id=atl

MIAMI -- Shortstop Paul Janish dislocated his left shoulder late Tuesday night in the Braves' 4-3 loss to the Marlins at Marlins Park.

Janish entered the game in the ninth inning as a defensive substitution after the Braves rallied from a three-run deficit to tie the game in the top of the inning, and he was quickly tested. Jose Reyes singled to lead off the frame, and then Carlos Lee followed with a sharply hit ball to the left side of the infield.

Janish made a diving stab at the ball and prevented it from leaving the infield dirt, but he injured his shoulder in the process, as it popped out of the socket. He was unable to get up and make a play at either base, and both runners were safe. He exited the game and had to have the shoulder popped back into place before he was taken for X-rays, which showed no structural damage.

"We'll know more [Wednesday], but it's not a good injury," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "You put him in there to play defense, and he makes a [heck] of a play and he hurts himself."

Janish has had his shoulder pop out of the socket on eight or nine occasions, but he said he was always able to slide it back into place on his own. Tuesday was the first time he had to get someone else to manipulate it back into the socket.

"Usually it slides right back in and it still hurts, but it's something you can kind of shimmy in and deal with it or whatever," Janish said. "When I got back up here, they popped it back in, which was a little painful, but it was at least immediate relief. It's usually sore for a few days, but usually it's not too bad."
ouch

Josh Satin plays with Israel tonight! Mets represent!

lol he had a funny quote about playing in the WBC:

Adam Rubin
Apparently I missed best postgame quote w/ Buffalo: RT @UpperDekker: "I'm going to carry team Israel to the promised land"-Josh Satin (WBC)

YotU. Adrian was safe with ease..

On another note- Kemp needs to shut it down for the season. He's too banged up to play. That flyout to end the first game should of been gone if he was healthy

zulux21

bases loaded no one out... 2 pop outs in the infield...
come on don't waste this chance @_@
edit: and we can't score..... damn it white sox... we can't afford to throw away games because you can't drive in runs... @_@ not since either the tigers have gotten hot or oakland finally cooled down :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom